The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marc Crawford a Candidate for Canucks Head Coach

Canucks

Hello? I'm agreeing with all those that said NO to bringing MC back here.

still confused? ;)

I dont see a problem with it really. Not on ice anyways. Someone mentioned the lawsuit but that trial and subsequent appeals is going to years yet.

I think he is a back up back up choice to the two front runners, Stephens and Desjardins.

How exactly is bringing back recycled and retrend coach new blood?

All coaches are hired and fired and recycled....even great coaches...The trick is to get the right coach that resonates with the players he has.....Crawfords coaching style fits the criteria that TL and JB are looking for.

How exactly is bringing back recycled and retrend coach new blood?

So, even if he is the best coach available, we should not hire him simply because he has coached here before?

I'm not saying he's the best coach available, but I would prefer one that has NHL experience. Many successful coached have been fired by another NHL team before. If that means they are recycled, so be it. I just want the best coach possible.

All coaches are hired and fired and recycled....even great coaches...The trick is to get the right coach that resonates with the players he has.....Crawfords coaching style fits the criteria that TL and JB are looking for.

Crawford isn't great coach.

You may it sound as if you know both TL and JB and they've told you they intend to hire Crawford.

If they do hire him, good luck with that.

So, even if he is the best coach available, we should not hire him simply because he has coached here before?

I'm not saying he's the best coach available, but I would prefer one that has NHL experience. Many successful coached have been fired by another NHL team before. If that means they are recycled, so be it. I just want the best coach possible.

He shouldn't be hired because he's coached here before and had no playoff success. Why bring him back a second time if it didn't work out the first time. Crawford isn't best coach available.

I heard Benning say the other day while the list of candidates isn't long but short, and also they're adding candidates to the list.

Another reason not to hire him is obviously Bertuzzi/Moore situation and lawsuit. How do you think NHL and rest of the teams would react if Canucks re-hired Crawford back for a second stint. Lets sign Bertuzzi while were at it too.

Obviously, they're waiting until Stevens and Desjardins team have finished their respective playoffs. I still think they are waiting to see what happens with Bylsma should he become available.

Crow coming back would be amazing. And as for the lawsuit, I LOVE hockey and Crow, I don't give a frack about the politics. Same guys that say it's going to be a distraction are the ones that'll be distracting. It's not a problem.

This is mindset on here I don't get. What would be so amazing if he came back? It would become distraction. How anyone could say it wouldn't are kidding themselves. Canucks had rep around the NHL for all their antics on the ice (diving, etc) during SCF year and run. You don't think NHL would be keeping close eye on Canucks if Crawford came back, not to mention what the rest of teams around the league would think with Crow and knowing history Bertuzzi/Moore.

Crawford isn't great coach.

You may it sound as if you know both TL and JB and they've told you they intend to hire Crawford.

If they do hire him, good luck with that.

Well,If you don't think he's a good coach,you're more than entitled to your opinion...JB stated in his presser that he wanted an uptempo puck posession, pressure game......No,they didn't personally tell me they're hiring Crawford.( Linden does have a past history with him as coach..so,you never know).

Well,If you don't think he's a good coach,you're more than entitled to your opinion...JB stated in his presser that he wanted an uptempo puck posession, pressure game......No,they didn't personally tell me they're hiring Crawford.( Linden does have a past history with him as coach..so,you never know).

Crawford the same guy who left Gretzky out of penalty shoot in Nagano Olympics.

Wouldn't surprise me if Crawford got hired but if that happens, it'll a big mistake. Linden despite saying when he was hired he came in with open mind, I don't buy that for one second. He was always going to fire Torts, which again he didn't get fair chance.

Wasn't fan of Linden being hired simply because it's PR stunt and also when he talks he sounds like a deer in headlights.

I love Crow and I hope he comes back in some degree. Whether you like him or not, we were always contenders, he put out the WCE line and upped Brendan Morrison's game to a level he could never duplicate, he helped develop the Sedins, he had a very good relationship with Linden. Unfortunately for him he had Clouts to ride on and Clouts was not a franchise goalie. He has proven he can coach to the way the Canucks want to play and he has also proven he loves to get the young kids involved. I believe it was him who gave the Burrows and the Bieksa, Sedins, among others their first shots.

Archived