The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marc Crawford a Candidate for Canucks Head Coach

Canucks

I love Crow and I hope he comes back in some degree. Whether you like him or not, we were always contenders, he put out the WCE line and upped Brendan Morrison's game to a level he could never duplicate, he helped develop the Sedins, he had a very good relationship with Linden. Unfortunately for him he had Clouts to ride on and Clouts was not a franchise goalie. He has proven he can coach to the way the Canucks want to play and he has also proven he loves to get the young kids involved. I believe it was him who gave the Burrows and the Bieksa, Sedins, among others their first shots.

Burkie never did get Crawford the goalie we so desperately needed at the time..(he couldn't get the Leafs on either).

No playoff success. Can't figure out why people want him back. Is it Nostalgia?

Look at the teams he's coached since Vancouver, they weren't very good. It's not as if he's in demand as he hasn't coached for quite awhile in NHL.

If Crawford were to be hired and Torts fired to bring this clown back. Please.

look at the roster he had to work with...outside Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi...there was ZIP.

oh wait there was sopel, klatt, letowski, chubarov, lindgren, barron with a little brandon reid, fedora fedorov thrown in there - and that is just the forwards and defines.

goaltenders...not going to bother there are "TOO MANY" to list

If the Canucks hire Crow again, I think I'll have more than adequate reason to be pessimistic about the short term fortunes of the team. That said, I don't think he's a serious candidate, so I can't say I'm that worried about it.

Crawford the same guy who left Gretzky out of penalty shoot in Nagano Olympics.

Wouldn't surprise me if Crawford got hired but if that happens, it'll a big mistake. Linden despite saying when he was hired he came in with open mind, I don't buy that for one second. He was always going to fire Torts, which again he didn't get fair chance.

Wasn't fan of Linden being hired simply because it's PR stunt and also when he talks he sounds like a deer in headlights.

Torts is a crap coach and linden is a good hire, not just a PR move. he did get benning didn't he?

Crawford the same guy who left Gretzky out of penalty shoot in Nagano Olympics.

Wouldn't surprise me if Crawford got hired but if that happens, it'll a big mistake. Linden despite saying when he was hired he came in with open mind, I don't buy that for one second. He was always going to fire Torts, which again he didn't get fair chance.

Wasn't fan of Linden being hired simply because it's PR stunt and also when he talks he sounds like a deer in headlights.

Crawford is the same guy who left out Gretztky on the penalty shot (Gretzky himself said he's terrible on shootouts..like the Sedins)...and yes,Crawford was the head coach for Team Canada (you have to be half assed decent to get that job).

You don't like Linden,and you still wish Torts was here for another year......I'll just leave it at that.

Nothing wrong with him, it's just that if we bring him back, its like re kindling our dark days with the Bertuzzi incident and him unwilling to replace Cloutier as he struggled through out round 2. Got shelled by an all out defensive team in Minnesota.

I also don't believe there is much of a systematic style to his game. It's an all out attack, which can often lead to give aways and odd man rushes.

No... just no..... I rather go with someone else.

Bring in someone new.

I really can't believe there is that much support to bring him back.. I sometimes don't get CAnucks.com/forums.

Nothing wrong with him, it's just that if we bring him back, its like re kindling our dark days with the Bertuzzi incident and him unwilling to replace Cloutier as he struggled through out round 2. Got shelled by an all out defensive team in Minnesota.

No... just no..... I rather go with someone else.

It's been a few years I cannot remember,but who was Crawford supposed to replace Cloutier with?....Sounds more like the failings of the GM than the coach..

Always liked Crawford, he knows his offense and that's what this team needs. Plus I know he does watch a lot of Canucks hockey, so that's a bonus, because he knows what the players are capable of doing. He also did coach the Sedins when they were younger, and the way they have turned out has been pretty awesome, got to give Crawford some credit for that. How can you forget about the West Coast Express line, that's right you can't, because Crawford made it happen!

Please no ! I have watch him coach Zurich this season in the Swiss league, okay he has won the Swiss championship title, and was first on the regular season, but there is something you need to no. There is NO Cap Space in Swiss, ans his club (Zurich) has the second biggest budget of the league, and by far the best team with great, heavy-salary players (Marc-André Bergeron, Roman Wick, Ronald Kenins, Ryan Shannon, Luca Cunti, Ryan Keller, Steve McCarty... etc)

So, on the first round, his team (first of the regular season), faced the last of the season, this serie goes to game seven and Crawford has been very lucky to win it, thanks to a doubtful penalty-shot. Second round ha faced Geneva, the team I support, it goes to game seven too. They've win it but it was a short victory (Zurich has maybe a double bigger budget than Geneva actually...) and then he has won the final easily in 4 games.

But hell no this wasn't a so much great performance by his part, and I don't want to see him in Vancouver again. Please no !

Please no ! I have watch him coach Zurich this season in the Swiss league, okay he has won the Swiss championship title, and was first on the regular season, but there is something you need to no. There is NO Cap Space in Swiss, ans his club (Zurich) has the second biggest budget of the league, and by far the best team with great, heavy-salary players (Marc-André Bergeron, Roman Wick, Ronald Kenins, Ryan Shannon, Luca Cunti, Ryan Keller, Steve McCarty... etc)

So, on the first round, his team (first of the regular season), faced the last of the season, this serie goes to game seven and Crawford has been very lucky to win it, thanks to a doubtful penalty-shot. Second round ha faced Geneva, the team I support, it goes to game seven too. They've win it but it was a short victory (Zurich has maybe a double bigger budget than Geneva actually...) and then he has won the final easily in 4 games.

But hell no this wasn't a so much great performance by his part, and I don't want to see him in Vancouver again. Please no !

Thanks for the insight, I was about to say he isn't too bad a candidate if he can dominate a league like that but I guess Torts could too with a team that lopsided.

Why would we get Crawford? I don't get it and I also don't get the people who only want an offensive type of coach. Look at the playoffs and you will see coaches who emphasize on defense while not really sacrificing the offensive part of the game have had success. I really hope we hire someone else, since hiring crawford would be a step backwards.

I love Crow and I hope he comes back in some degree. Whether you like him or not, we were always contenders, he put out the WCE line and upped Brendan Morrison's game to a level he could never duplicate, he helped develop the Sedins, he had a very good relationship with Linden. Unfortunately for him he had Clouts to ride on and Clouts was not a franchise goalie. He has proven he can coach to the way the Canucks want to play and he has also proven he loves to get the young kids involved. I believe it was him who gave the Burrows and the Bieksa, Sedins, among others their first shots.

wait, so we were always contenders with Crawford and never with AV? AV has done way more, 2 presidential trophies, multiple NW titles, a trip to the finals etc. Crawford never went passed round 2 in the playoffs and never won a Jack Adams with the Canucks. I doubt we would win a cup with him since he would not solve our defensive game and you need defense to win championships. Just ask LA and Boston.

wait, so we were always contenders with Crawford and never with AV? AV has done way more, 2 presidential trophies, multiple NW titles, a trip to the finals etc. Crawford never went passed round 2 in the playoffs and never won a Jack Adams with the Canucks. I doubt we would win a cup with him since he would not solve our defensive game and you need defense to win championships. Just ask LA and Boston.

Would have been a lot more interesting if we had the WCE line with Luongo in goal.....AV had the luxury of well rounded team with deadly special teams....Probably the strongest team this franchise has ever had....BTW..Offense wins cups too....!

Has the stink of the Bert/Moore case lifted enough yet for Crow to come back to Vancouver?? I don't think so. Always liked his run and gun style, man those days of the West Coast Express were so fun to watch. He didn't have a great goalie to go with, this time around if he was hired, same problem?? Too early to tell.

Archived