The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marc Crawford a Candidate for Canucks Head Coach

Canucks

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

wait, so we were always contenders with Crawford and never with AV? AV has done way more, 2 presidential trophies, multiple NW titles, a trip to the finals etc. Crawford never went passed round 2 in the playoffs and never won a Jack Adams with the Canucks. I doubt we would win a cup with him since he would not solve our defensive game and you need defense to win championships. Just ask LA and Boston.

Don't get me wrong, I would take AV back over Crawford. The problem is that AV will be preoccupied with New York at least for the next 4 seasons.

Sounds like he is contacting them, not them contacting him. So it is courtesy to talk. Don't think they would be interested. Would be a horrible choice from a ticket standpoint.

Yes. A high tempo, high scoring, fast, big, in your face team led by a Cup winning coach. Who in their right mind would ever want that.

As others have said, maybe as an assistant. Despite his past success and a cup, that was in a different time - with a new Pres and GM, handing the head coaching duties to someone maybe a little dated might not be the best thing.

Just one thing...

Is Crow a young man's coach? If I recall correctly, there were some altercations within the dressing room and the media on not playing some kids? Or maybe the kids at the time weren't that good to begin with?

Yes. A high tempo, high scoring, fast, big, in your face team led by a Cup winning coach. Who in their right mind would ever want that.

If you are referring to Crow, I believe that ship has sailed. If he were that good, he would already have a job in the NHL.

I think there are better, more relevant options out there.

Would have been a lot more interesting if we had the WCE line with Luongo in goal.....AV had the luxury of well rounded team with deadly special teams....Probably the strongest team this franchise has ever had....BTW..Offense wins cups too....!

Luongo wouldn't have fared much better than Cloutier I'm afraid to say since the WCE era had a pretty average defense so it's more likely Lu would've been lit up like a Christmas tree and blown more games than he has already.

I'm not crazy about the idea. Crow is like Torts in that they're both dinosaurs and on top of that Crow would be a recycled dinosaur. This team needs new blood.

???

Why do teens write posts as if people are dead after reaching 30 years old?

Well,If you don't think he's a good coach,you're more than entitled to your opinion...JB stated in his presser that he wanted an uptempo puck posession, pressure game......No,they didn't personally tell me they're hiring Crawford.( Linden does have a past history with him as coach..so,you never know).

This is actually starting to scare me a bit.

It sounds more and more as if Tortorella came in to solely piss off some of the core so that they demand out and a rebuild ensues.

Gillis would then trade disgruntled Kesler and Edler, as per reported, even if mere post-tremor-rumors, and get pieces for the future in picks and ready prospects.

Ownership says no to the whole thing, fire Gillis.

Ownership then hire Linden and then Benning.

But then it gets interesting. Linden is on record for giving Delorme a vote of confidence, which means more mediocre drafting unless Benning is as involved as he said he plans to be, while traching Delorme how to evaluate the right way.

Linden has also stated that Edler needs a complementary player to become the T1D he naturally is. Well first of all, if he needs a complimentary player to make him better, he is not a T1D. Second, by giving a vote of confidence to Edler in stating the organization won't ask him to waive his NTC, the organization yet again handcuffs itself to a contract that is not merited by the player but envied by other teams, thereby potentially bringing in some highly touted pieces.

Most of all, I'm afraid that Linden is another person who won't budge because of his history involving the NHLPA. Meaning he might be very unwilling to create trouble to his players and their families via trades.

And that, would be very unfortunate, as well as a side step from player agent to NHLPA rep.

Let's just hope it isn't the case.

People, stop wasting your brain cells on this. How can the title be "Marc Crawford a Candidate for Canucks Coach", from the article,

Crawford said hes participating in North Vancouver's Holy Trinity golf tournament Friday. There was word he may also be interviewing with the Canucks this week, but he said there was nothing formal scheduled.

"I hope I get a chance to speak with (Trevor Linden), but dont have anything set, yet," Crawford said.

If Crawford is considered a candidate based on fluff like this, so am I and so are you. Trevor hasn't set anything up with me either.

No playoff success. Can't figure out why people want him back. Is it Nostalgia?

Look at the teams he's coached since Vancouver, they weren't very good. It's not as if he's in demand as he hasn't coached for quite awhile in NHL.

If Crawford were to be hired and Torts fired to bring this clown back. Please.

After he left for LA and Dallas, both those teams were pretty damn crappy. What do you expect him to work with? At the time, Kopitar, Brown, Cammalleri and Jack Johnson were still relatively young and we're still progressing as NHL players. He also had to work with an overrated Jeff Cowan, Craig Conroy, Sean Avery, oh and Cloutier followed him to LA as well. Their entire team was full of 3rd/4th liners or healthy scratches and you expect that team to make the playoffs? Remember that Japanese goalie Fukufuji? Yeah he was just a one game wonder.

please no!

You really had to quote the entire post just to type these two words? wow.

Archived