The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marc Crawford a Candidate for Canucks Head Coach

Canucks

Put me in the, "Why didn't they move faster on Trotz camp?" ;)

Because he wasn't even a candidate? He wasn't even interviewed. All he said was, “I’m interested in every job that’s out there right now. Obviously I have a home in British Columbia, in the Vernon area.”

Every assumed this meant he was signed, sealed and delivered here; which he obviously wasn't.

As for Crawford, it sounds like the same thing. Crawford wants to coach in the NHL again. He has said it every time he talks to the TEAM 1040 on my way to work. He doesn't care where, he just wants another shot. So of course he will throw his name in the hat for Vancouver.

People, stop wasting your brain cells on this. How can the title be "Marc Crawford a Candidate for Canucks Coach", from the article,

Crawford said hes participating in North Vancouver's Holy Trinity golf tournament Friday. There was word he may also be interviewing with the Canucks this week, but he said there was nothing formal scheduled.

"I hope I get a chance to speak with (Trevor Linden), but dont have anything set, yet," Crawford said.

If Crawford is considered a candidate based on fluff like this, so am I and so are you. Trevor hasn't set anything up with me either.

Agreed. We should stop posting on every topic that would require any kind of speculation.

After he left for LA and Dallas, both those teams were pretty damn crappy. What do you expect him to work with? At the time, Kopitar, Brown, Cammalleri and Jack Johnson were still relatively young and we're still progressing as NHL players. He also had to work with an overrated Jeff Cowan, Craig Conroy, Sean Avery, oh and Cloutier followed him to LA as well. Their entire team was full of 3rd/4th liners or healthy scratches and you expect that team to make the playoffs? Remember that Japanese goalie Fukufuji? Yeah he was just a one game wonder.

You really had to quote the entire post just to type these two words? wow.

It doesnt matter what he had in LA or Dallas, he had a stacked team in Vancouver and didnt win either.

No to Crow.

People here like to complain about AV being "outcoached" but Crawford was completely schooled in the playoff loss to the Wild.

For some reason known only to himself, he insisted on matching the WCE against the Gaborik line, even long after it was apparent to anyone with eyes, that they were getting destroyed.

The sad thing about it was that on the rare occasions when the matchup happened, the Linden line proved quite effective at stopping Gabby and co. This made zero difference to Crow, who kept tapping Nazzy on the shoulder when ever Gabby hopped the boards.

That year was the Canucks' best chance at a Cup since '94 and before 2011, but Crawford completely botched it.

No to Crow.

People here like to complain about AV being "outcoached" but Crawford was completely schooled in the playoff loss to the Wild.

For some reason known only to himself, he insisted on matching the WCE against the Gaborik line, even long after it was apparent to anyone with eyes, that they were getting destroyed.

The sad thing about it was that on the rare occasions when the matchup happened, the Linden line proved quite effective at stopping Gabby and co. This made zero difference to Crow, who kept tapping Nazzy on the shoulder when ever Gabby hopped the boards.

That year was the Canucks' best chance at a Cup since '94 and before 2011, but Crawford completely botched it.

we lost that series because of goaltending.

we lost that series because of goaltending.

That's how the uninformed would view it, especially a die-hard Luongo fan.

Cloutier didn't play particularly well, but the fact is, Linden's line had been effective in shutting the Gaborik line down. If Crawford had recognized that, instead of stubbornly sticking to his "plan" of matching the defensively indifferent WCE against them, Clouts' game would have been good enough to win that series.

What's wrong with Crawford?

Funny people were calling for Tortorella cause he won a cup 10 years ago, and had the "passion" our team needed. Crawford has a cup, plus he coaches an up-tempo style that the players are already familiar with.

As an assistant I think he would be a great hire. Any combo of him, Stevens, and Desjardins would be great.

Crow working under a rookie? hah?

Cloutier didn't play particularly well, but the fact is, Linden's line had been effective in shutting the Gaborik line down. If Crawford had recognized that, instead of stubbornly sticking to his "plan" of matching the defensively indifferent WCE against them, Clouts' game would have been good enough to win that series.

Anyone who thinks the Crow had a Stanely Cup team in Van is quite frankly uninformed. Cloutier is not a cup winning goalie and we were average at best outside of the WCE.

No I watched that series more in depth than you did. You're opinion is wrong.

what's this have to do with me being a luongo fan?

I was Cloutier fan as well. He was awful that series. Especially game 7... the goals he gave up were horrendous.

Canucks out played the wild but lost the goalie matchup big.time.

Anyone who thinks the Crow had a Stanely Cup team in Van is quite frankly uninformed. Cloutier is not a cup winning goalie and we were average at best outside of the WCE.

It's hilarious when people chime in on a conversation calling someone else uninformed without even bothering to check their facts.

In the 2003 playoffs, Anaheim went to the finals, losing to the Devils in seven games. The same Anaheim team that finished the regular season with 9 less points than Vancouver.

The Canucks finished with 104 points in the 2002-2003 season. The Cup champions that season had 108. To suggest that Vancouver was "average at best" shows a complete lack of understanding of the game, as well as the meaning of the word "average".

No I watched that series more in depth than you did. You're opinion is wrong.

what's this have to do with me being a luongo fan?

I was Cloutier fan as well. He was awful that series. Especially game 7... the goals he gave up were horrendous.

Canucks out played the wild but lost the goalie matchup big.time.

You obviously did not watch the series "in depth" if you think that goaltending was the sole cause of that series loss.

An "in depth" viewing of the series would have yeilded the fact that the WCE was destroyed by the Gaborik line, something Crow did nothing to remedy. Yes, Cloutier wasn't good in the last three games of that series, but he didn't get any help whatsoever from his coach, who despite seeing his team destroyed in game five, changed nothing when it came to line match ups in game six and seven.

We can argue ad nauseum whether Clouts was good enough to win that series, but the fact is, Crawford was completely schooled by Lemaire.

It doesnt matter what he had in LA or Dallas, he had a stacked team in Vancouver and didnt win either.

He had a stacked line in Vancouver, not a stacked team... After the WCE there wasn't much else helping them win games.

I don't really know how people expected Crow to coach a one-line team through the playoffs against DYNASTIES like Colorado and Detroit. Especially with all of Cloutiers meltdowns in the playoffs.

Can't wait to hear him say"Real Quality" in that squeaky voice of his.

Haha, that reminds me of the time when he was working for CBC and joked that he was "the coach only dogs can hear" in an AfterHours segment with Burr.

Archived