The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

2 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Bethesda was bought out by Microsoft for a cool 7.5 billion. Here's hoping the next Fallout is given back to the New Vegas team that Microsoft also owns.

What they probably will or should do is make it free on game pass than charge full price for playstation.

If they want the most bang for their buck.

27 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

If you’re n no rush that’s good.  This one just happened to pop up

Yeah.I also figure in the next couple months there will be a few more deals getting closer to christmas.

Answering your earlier question graphics arent a super big want as most stuff ill play on the new xbox if i want graphics but thats never been a huge buy for me.

40 minutes ago, Violator said:

Yeah.I also figure in the next couple months there will be a few more deals getting closer to christmas.

Answering your earlier question graphics arent a super big want as most stuff ill play on the new xbox if i want graphics but thats never been a huge buy for me.

Good to know.  I use my big tv for my computer monitor so a good 1080p system is all I really needed, and they are a lot more affordable than a super high end one.  The one I posted is right on the ballpark for you specs wise.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think I'ma build a new system in the spring after the AMD Ryzen drops a bit more.  Like my rig is fine but for about $2000 you can build a pretty insane one these days. 

Right now: 

Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz

24 gig DDR6 of RAM

GeForece 1650 GTX Super (should have went with a 1660...but card was a super deal..) 

And my trusty 750w Corsair psu that is 12 years old...had to put in my comp for the new card.  After 5 years...working well so far ;) 

I run 2 Samsung 24 inch monitors but will go for a 36 inch curved if and when I upgrade the rig. 

• 2 weeks later...

With AMD taking an absolute DUMP on Intel right now, you can build a gaming PC for insanely cheap.

The Ryzen 5000 series is super affordable for the power you're getting, but this means you could grab a 3000 series for super cheap.  You shouldn't go anywhere near an Intel processor right now.

Also, with the Radeon 6000 series coming that will work with Ryzen 5000 series to allow the CPU to use video memory will boost your performance even more.  

Do a little research, and get a place like Memory Express to build it for you (you pick the parts).  Do yourself a favour and don't buy a pre-built.  You'll overpay for lower quality parts, every time.  

You can save money on your motherboard if you don't need a network adapter that can support higher than gigabit internet (which I assume most people don't even have), etc etc etc

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Jai604 said:

With AMD taking an absolute DUMP on Intel right now, you can build a gaming PC for insanely cheap.

The Ryzen 5000 series is super affordable for the power you're getting, but this means you could grab a 3000 series for super cheap.  You shouldn't go anywhere near an Intel processor right now.

Also, with the Radeon 6000 series coming that will work with Ryzen 5000 series to allow the CPU to use video memory will boost your performance even more.  

Do a little research, and get a place like Memory Express to build it for you (you pick the parts).  Do yourself a favour and don't buy a pre-built.  You'll overpay for lower quality parts, every time.  

You can save money on your motherboard if you don't need a network adapter that can support higher than gigabit internet (which I assume most people don't even have), etc etc etc

Define cheap, I suppose. I built one with a 5700xt and 3600x with 32GB of RAM for about ~1900. (Although I'm hesitant about stock fans with AMD.. the 3600x fan is not very ideal.. it's quieter than my old Intel stock fan but the sound it emits is actually more annoying (for anybody here who ever does build their own PC)).

Meanwhile my friend is building a new computer for $5500 lol..