The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Det, Van-NYI

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I have been lurking the boards for awhile now. I have 2 trade different trades to propose, both involve moving Kesler.

Trade #1 - Kesler and our 2nd round pick this year(36) to Detroit for one of Tatar/Jurco, Sproul/Dekeyser and their 1st pick this year(15)

Trade #2 - Kesler and our 2nd this year(36) to NYI for Ryan Strome.

I think the first trade is fair value for both teams as I believe the red wings will need a player of Kesler's caliber to help keep their playoff streak alive next year. They may need more than that but its a start. We need prospects who are young but not entirely unproven.

Tatar put up 19 goals and 20 assists this year and there is no reason to believe he couldn't put up 50-60 points next season.

Jurco is only 21 and was scoring at just under a half point per game average.

Both are an instant upgrade to our left or right wing.

I don't know much about Dekeyser/Sproul but from reading others posts about them here it would seem they have the potential to be top 4 maybe top 6 D and ours are only getting older.

We need to have more prospects in our system to make up for the years of terrible drafting. Both of these players would have a great chance of playing here next year. Especially if we move one of our veterans (Garrison being the most likely)

Trading with the Islanders is a bit of a question mark for me because it is impossible to guess how Strome will adapt to the game at the NHL level. He clearly has the potential to be a 1C but there really isn't any way to know that until he proves his worth.

That said, I'm curious to hear from you guys whether its an over or under payment to either team for either groups of players. Looking forward to reading your replies!

Cheers!

Edit: I am assuming that Kesler would waive his no trade to go to NY.

I'm torn between this one and the Ducks one. The thing I like about this is that we get a dman in return, which we need. Comparing this to the Anaheim one:

10th > 15th

Etem > Jurco

24thish pick < Sproul

Pretty even.

The Isles one is bad for them and he wouldn't waive.

I like the Anaheim deal myself. Kes for 10th, 24th, one of Theodore/Vatanen/Rakell/Etem seems like a good deal but the draft picks could turn into nothing for us if they don't pan out. I think it would be a safer move to trade for players that are already well on their way in development.

The first is unlikely to happen. Kesler and our 2nd for Tatar/Jurco and the 1st is a more realistic deal.

The 2nd one is more likely to happen, but I feel that we get the short end of the stick in this one. Strome has had one decent year, not even a particularly impressive one. I would like something extra with Strome in case he doesn't turn out. Maybe another pick or a decent prospect.

The first is unlikely to happen. Kesler and our 2nd for Tatar/Jurco and the 1st is a more realistic deal.

The 2nd one is more likely to happen, but I feel that we get the short end of the stick in this one. Strome has had one decent year, not even a particularly impressive one. I would like something extra with Strome in case he doesn't turn out. Maybe another pick or a decent prospect.

I agree but that's the risk/reward scenario right there. With Strome you're paying for potential not results.

Mantha needs to be coming back if theyre taken USA's best centre off our hands.

There's no way Mantha comes back unless we give up a top end prospect of our own. Or a player that can help them immediately. They place a high value on him.

Archived