The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

E3 Pre-order deals are back - Best Buy & Future Shop

PlayStation

Anyone interested in FIFA 15, probably best not to pre-order from the FS/BB deal. Amazon has the regular edition for $50.99 and the Ultimate team edition for $59.99 which is a good deal imo. (Unless if you pre-order 3 games from FS/BB as opposed to 2, then you probably be saving the same amount.)

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fifa%2015&sprefix=fifa+15%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afifa%2015

It seems like they're only giving me 15% off at checkout for ordering 3 games, and it only equals 30% if you select the games they already added 15% off the initial price to, which is not all of them. It's a hampered version of the same offer, doesn't seem to worth it unless I'm mistaken in something.

It says it's done on the 12th. Though I think you can pre-order Halo on their website already.

Yeah earlier on when they put the deal up it was 15% off and then 30% off of that. It was a mistake though, some people got lucky.

I'm used to using Amazon, so i prefer using Amazon over FS or BB, but for anyone, who wants their game early. Amazon is usually late, while FS/BB should have your game right when it comes out. That's the only downside to Amazon.

I don't mind waiting a extra day or so, though.

What is everyone getting? I'm stuck after NHL 15.

Want to get TLOU, but I dont at the same reason because I'll end up being done with it quick, maybe even between 2 weeks, or sooner.

Call of Duty looks interesting, but its been going downhill.

Destiny, doesnt look interesting to me.

Battlefield, not a huge fan of the series, but the Beta isnt too bad, only played 2 games however.

Not sure!

What is everyone getting?

For Sure:

Evolve

Batman: Arkham Knight

The Evil Within

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Super Smash Bros.

Far Cry 4

Maybe:

Borderlands the Prequel

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Fable: Legends

Rainbow Six: Seige

Pre-orders on 3DS games suck right now, with the only decent game on the list being Super Smash.

So the rest are all for PC,

Too many games out there, lol. Sounds like a lot, but that makes up most all my gaming for the next 10 months or so... And a game a month is reasonable... If I wish to make up some way to justify it, lol.

Pre-orders can always be cancelled, if and when it turns out one of these is a giant turd. Though I suppose this discount option probably comes with some sort of lock in so you can't cheap out. I'll be weary when I'm narrowing down my options,

My credit Card expires between now and all of these pre-orders. Amazon lets you change your payment option when need be.

Best Buy on the other hand tells me to change my card to one that won't expire, before I can even place the order.

So rather than splitting customage between the two like I was trying (price comparisons), every last cent went to Amazon. Weak sauce by Best Buy.

And I ended up ordering every game on that list above not named Fable. 9 games.

Best Buy currently has the Far Cry 4 special edition for PC priced at $69.99 instead of the $130 it's supposed to be. Same price that the base game itself is being sold at.

I'd recommend taking advantage of that as soon as possible before they correct their mistake. The 15%-30% discount also seems to apply to it. So the giant collector's edition for possibly $47.

edit: Just double checked, and it's not only for PC, but every single console. Jump at this, lol.

Makes me so much more pissed that Best Buy isn't letting me pre-order anything,

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&query=Far+Cry+4+Kyrat+Edition

Pre-ordered:

NHL 15

Destiny

AC: Unity

Evolve
Last of Us

Games I could have easily pre-ordered, but decided not to for various reasons:

Batman: AK (This was a lock until I found out it got delayed to 2015. I personally think it will get pushed till Aug-Oct.-- Rocksteady seems to like that release window)
Uncharted 4 (2015 again, I think Christmas, because they're very early in the development cycle right now)
The Division (delayed 2015)
Witcher 3 (delayed 2015)

Madden (I want to see real gameplay footage first)
Shadow of Mordor (with so many great AAA titles, I'll take the "wait and see" approach with this one)

Well I got a BS e-mail from Future Shop saying my order couldn't be processed for no reason. They actually didn't give any explanation as to why my order wasn't processed. I now have to call some number within the next 5 business days or my order will be cancelled, I pre-ordered UFC which releases on Tuesday and I don't know when I'll be getting it.

I will be very angry with Future Shop if they screw up my order on this E3 deal.

Well I got a BS e-mail from Future Shop saying my order couldn't be processed for no reason. They actually didn't give any explanation as to why my order wasn't processed. I now have to call some number within the next 5 business days or my order will be cancelled, I pre-ordered UFC which releases on Tuesday and I don't know when I'll be getting it.

I will be very angry with Future Shop if they screw up my order on this E3 deal.

Care to list everything you ordered? My guess is you probably ordered something they made a mistake on.

I almost snagged the NHL Ultimate Edition at $69.99 (minus $20) when regular price is $79.99 and it wasn't supposed to be eligible for the discount. Far Cry I believe had an error of the collectors edition for $69.99 as well, collectors edition regular is somewhere ofer $120 I believe.

So yeah could it be something like that?

Care to list everything you ordered? My guess is you probably ordered something they made a mistake on.

I almost snagged the NHL Ultimate Edition at $69.99 (minus $20) when regular price is $79.99 and it wasn't supposed to be eligible for the discount. Far Cry I believe had an error of the collectors edition for $69.99 as well, collectors edition regular is somewhere ofer $120 I believe.

So yeah could it be something like that?

I ordered the regular editions of each game.

UFC

Madden NFL 15

NHL 15

Assassins Creed: Unity

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Each games was listed at $69.99, but I got each for $49.99 ($20 off like the promotion says). I have no idea as to what the problem could be, I ordered my games on June 12 before the 11:59pm PT deadline also. I better get a valid confirmation from them when I call, otherwise something will need to be done.

I ordered the regular editions of each game.

UFC

Madden NFL 15

NHL 15

Assassins Creed: Unity

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Each games was listed at $69.99, but I got each for $49.99 ($20 off like the promotion says). I have no idea as to what the problem could be, I ordered my games on June 12 before the 11:59pm PT deadline also. I better get a valid confirmation from them when I call, otherwise something will need to be done.

Check to see their reasoning, and whether or not you can do something to fix it.

If not, and they're going to cancel your order, then make sure you let them have it. You could have gotten the same order at Amazon.ca, but didn't because you got a confirmation from them that your order with best buy was going through. Tell them they cost you money and that you will not order again with then if they do not fix the issue.

Best buy's customer service online responds well to valid/firm requests/demands.

Check to see their reasoning, and whether or not you can do something to fix it.

If not, and they're going to cancel your order, then make sure you let them have it. You could have gotten the same order at Amazon.ca, but didn't because you got a confirmation from them that your order with best buy was going through. Tell them they cost you money and that you will not order again with then if they do not fix the issue.

Best buy's customer service online responds well to valid/firm requests/demands.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what's up.

Thanks for the advice, and yeah I plan on giving them a hard time if they don't give me the right answers.

Talked to Future Shop today and it turned out to be a credit card problem, all is good now.

Pretty good customer service as the person I talked to said that if my order needs to be cancelled then I should call them, cancel it, and get it re-ordered from them so they can put the discount on my order again. I'll just end up getting UFC a little later now, but I'm fine with that as long as I get the $20 off.

Archived