The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Who is Jiri Sekac? - numerous firm NHL offers

with this many nhl teams interested in him, the situation becomes simple. he is not coming over from europe to play in the minors. he will sign with the team that presents him with the best nhl opportunity (i.e. guaranteed on an nhl roster, good linemates, decent minutes, good team)

with this many nhl teams interested in him, the situation becomes simple. he is not coming over from europe to play in the minors. he will sign with the team that presents him with the best nhl opportunity (i.e. guaranteed on an nhl roster, good linemates, decent minutes, good team)

This is why I thank the Russians for KHL...it draws all the week euro talent away from the NHL, thus keeping it more competitive. I remember a time where GMs sported wood for every player who had a Russian or Slovak last name only to find out he is a sissy hack that plays the perimeter or carves your eyeballs out with his stick because he wont drop the gloves. Good Ridence

This is why I thank the Russians for KHL...it draws all the week euro talent away from the NHL, thus keeping it more competitive. I remember a time where GMs sported wood for every player who had a Russian or Slovak last name only to find out he is a sissy hack that plays the perimeter or carves your eyeballs out with his stick because he wont drop the gloves. Good Ridence

I think you are pretty accurate.

The KHL moves into Finland this coming season. What will happen to their franchise in the Ukraine is a

serious question mark. For all the pretense the KHL does not come close to the NHL and I suspect a whole whack of Euros will be trying for NHL contracts. Most do not pay a lot of tax over there but the

stability of the KHL is always suspect, especially for long term deals.

Archived