The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do women tend to care less about the "six pack/eight pack" than men?

Dazzle

Most women aren't too caught up about whether or not you have a six pack, more than you might think don't even care about weight. What they do care about is avoiding the ones who look like they could be in shape but have chosen not to be, this is seen as a sign of laziness.

It comes to the basic differences between men and women. Men generally have a list of things they would prefer in a woman, and seek out those who have those qualities. Women generally have a list of things they want to avoid in a man, and seek out those who do not have those qualities.

This is why negative attributes like being jobless or living with parents will have a much greater impact on dating than positive attributes such as having a fancy car. There are far less tire biters out there than there are women who refuse to date a man with no car. Similarly, there are far more women who will never be attracted to a man who looks like he doesn't exercise and eats poorly than there are women who only want to date roided out muscle freaks.

Men focus on the positive, they want the six pack, they think women are looking for the six pack (in truth, a few are, but not many). Women focus on the negative, they want to avoid the abnormally large belly, this is interpreted by men as a desire for six packs, but in reality most will like a guy with a flat, soft stomach just as much as a guy with a chiseled one, they key is that neither is an indicator of a sedentary lifestyle.

You want to meet more women. Quit smoking, buy a reliable vehicle, move out of the parent's basement, get a non-labour/non-fast food job, wash your clothes, avoid poor grooming. In short, get rid of anything a woman can complain about. Don't waste time with trying to be the ideal man, there is no such thing, the ideal man is simply the man who isn't a loser, and who doesn't have any obvious detractors.

Women, on the other hand, can have many negative qualities that can mean little or nothing to most men if they happen to have a few positive things going for them. Any woman with a great body can live with her parents all she likes, can be a smoker, can work a low paying job and still get all the attention she wants.

Too much logic and reasoning here for a post on CDC. Where did this come from. :bigblush:

After losing 40 pounds since December and actually having some definition, I can tell you that at least in my wife's case, she could care less. In fact, all that's changed is that it's easier for her to see my penis and then decline sex faster then before.

You're not joking? Doesn't the penis look bigger when upper pubic fat disappears?

No, I was joking. My go to jokes always include my penis and lack of sex married people have. I keep everything trim and clean looking. But at the end of the day, the best looking penis still looks terrifying.

And because I feel like derailing the thread further, what is the upper pubic fat called again?

Most women aren't too caught up about whether or not you have a six pack, more than you might think don't even care about weight. What they do care about is avoiding the ones who look like they could be in shape but have chosen not to be, this is seen as a sign of laziness.

It comes to the basic differences between men and women. Men generally have a list of things they would prefer in a woman, and seek out those who have those qualities. Women generally have a list of things they want to avoid in a man, and seek out those who do not have those qualities.

This is why negative attributes like being jobless or living with parents will have a much greater impact on dating than positive attributes such as having a fancy car. There are far less tire biters out there than there are women who refuse to date a man with no car. Similarly, there are far more women who will never be attracted to a man who looks like he doesn't exercise and eats poorly than there are women who only want to date roided out muscle freaks.

Men focus on the positive, they want the six pack, they think women are looking for the six pack (in truth, a few are, but not many). Women focus on the negative, they want to avoid the abnormally large belly, this is interpreted by men as a desire for six packs, but in reality most will like a guy with a flat, soft stomach just as much as a guy with a chiseled one, they key is that neither is an indicator of a sedentary lifestyle.

You want to meet more women. Quit smoking, buy a reliable vehicle, move out of the parent's basement, get a non-labour/non-fast food job, wash your clothes, avoid poor grooming. In short, get rid of anything a woman can complain about. Don't waste time with trying to be the ideal man, there is no such thing, the ideal man is simply the man who isn't a loser, and who doesn't have any obvious detractors.

Women, on the other hand, can have many negative qualities that can mean little or nothing to most men if they happen to have a few positive things going for them. Any woman with a great body can live with her parents all she likes, can be a smoker, can work a low paying job and still get all the attention she wants.

This brings up a valid point, but I wanna add to it because I think it's only partly true. Because men usually pursue women and not the other way around, men do choose who to try and pick up based on their positive qualities, and women rule out the men who have negative ones.

What you're missing though, is that different women have different "types". What I mean is they have different sets of "negative qualities" that they rule out men based on. For example "doesn't play hockey" or "doesn't have a degree" could be detractors based on what type of man a woman wants. Therefore they do create an image of an "ideal man" in their head and if someone meets most of the criteria they are in.

So just having a decent job and basic hygiene isn't always gonna cut it especially for women with lots of options. It's a good start, but not very exciting or interesting unless you're really good looking or really good at talking to women.

On average the type of bod women prefer on men....

Garrett-Neff.jpg

What men think they prefer:

000018035674.jpg

I don't know any guys who think looking like the 2nd guy will help them get girls.

Frankly, any guy who is even remotely comfortable with themselves can recognize who is a good looking man, and who is not.

I don't know any guys who think looking like the 2nd guy will help them get girls.

Frankly, any guy who is even remotely comfortable with themselves can recognize who is a good looking man, and who is not.

I know plenty, I know some who are huge already yet keep doing cycles like they have body dysmorphia.

Sure some do it for themselves.... but there's a lot out there who want the jacked, intimidating look thinking it wins over women and scares guys when they go clubbing

It's not even about that, it's to maintain the physique of the latter, one has to be just about obsessed with weights. Most women I know would rather spend time with the guy doing things with him, than him spending that time at the gym.

Same thing with fat guys, they are often too lazy and unambitious. Women then desire something more like physique/appearance as it tends to show confidence and work ethic.

Striking a balance.. aka doing things in moderation isn't hard.

I know plenty, I know some who are huge already yet keep doing cycles like they have body dysmorphia.

Sure some do it for themselves.... but there's a lot out there who want the jacked, intimidating look thinking it wins over women and scares guys when they go clubbing

Wait you are serious? xD

You actually think men think getting women means getting freakishly unnaturally jacked so they can go to clubs and "intimidate" other men with durrr muscles so all the women come to them?

This alone makes me think you never went to a club, or have male friends, or know women... because if that theory is true in any way it only applies to a very smell fraction of men. Realistically most men would take the 1st guys body you posted any day.

Wait you are serious? xD

You actually think men think getting women means getting freakishly unnaturally jacked so they can go to clubs and "intimidate" other men with durrr muscles so all the women come to them?

This alone makes me think you never went to a club, or have male friends, or know women... because if that theory is true in any way it only applies to a very smell fraction of men. Realistically most men would take the 1st guys body you posted any day.

Yeah sure bud

No, I was joking. My go to jokes always include my penis and lack of sex married people have. I keep everything trim and clean looking. But at the end of the day, the best looking penis still looks terrifying.

And because I feel like derailing the thread further, what is the upper pubic fat called again?

fatpad

Yeah sure bud

I was expecting more or a denial... lol. So you really believe men live to become beefcakes and scare other guys at clubs? xDDDDDD

I guess we all really do live in different realities.

most of the time , the girls who love 6 packs are actually gay guys ... and the guys that love the 6 packs are ... wait ..... yes .. gay guys ..

I think most of us are attracted to someone who cares about their physical self but like themselves enough as a person to be confident and kind ..

If most people were honest they would tell you that a sense of humour and intelligence are what attracts them in the long term ..

Archived