The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) keeping the 6th and adding the 5th.

To van:

Vatanen, 10th overall, 24th overall

To ana:

Kesler

To van:

5th overall

To Nyi:

10th overall, Hansen, Booth ( 50% retained)

Nyi get two players that improve their top 9. Booth has potential to add to their top 6. At this point retaining salary In a trade for booth would be a better option for the owners then a full buy out.

5th overall pick- William Nylander

6th overall pick- dal colle

To van:

To ana:

Kesler

To van:

5th overall

To Nyi:

Nyi get two players that improve their top 9. Booth has potential to add to their top 6. At this point retaining salary In a trade for booth would be a better option for the owners then a full buy out.

It's not really worth it for the Isles. They need top 6 help not bottom 6...

I believe buy-outs are 2/3 of the contracts remaining and the compliance buy-out prevents any cap hit consequences.

So retaining 50% is not much better, plus it would count against the cap. I'd rather buy him out.

And on top of that i'm pretty sure NYI wouldn't even want Booth, even if he was free and we paid 100% of his salary. So he has not value to this trade, and Hansen is not enough to move up 5 spots.

10th overall + Hansen + 36th overall FOR 5th overall + 65th (or 95th) overall would probably be more realistic. (but i'd rather have 2 top 35th pick than 1 and pick 4-5 rank earlier)

To keep things simple... No team with a top 5 pick or even higher first round pick in general will trade back just to gain a couple of 3rd line players.

But even logically it is pointless trade for the Isles. When they had Vanek and JT was healthy they still were outside of the playoffs. Why would the addition of Booth and Hansen make any form of a difference?

To van:

To ana:

Kesler

To van:

5th overall

To Nyi:

Like it and thumbs up about the Booth idea. I however would rather have it this way:

To van:

Lindhom, 10th overall, Bonino

To ana:

Kesler

To van:

5th overall

To Nyi:

I would then trade with Florida this:

Bonino, #10, Hamhuis - #1 pick and Bjustad

*Talon has been quoted as saying that he's interested in a veteran D, and wouldn't mind trading down his pick. I don't know this might be overpaying to FLO?

nyi is in win now mode - hansen and booth are not what theyre looking for to get them to the playoffs.

Its better if canucks try to pry #7 from carolina somehow without giving up #6 and wont cost as much as #5(which is a guaranteed to get a top 5 player)

canucks draft:

#6 - top 5 faller / nylander

#7 - ritchie

Keep the fans happy as well for getting a skilled center/winger and drafting a guy with size with skill

Archived