The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alltime Favorite Music vid/song..

ShakyWalton

I Love the way the faces Morph into each other at towards the end of the video , was ground breaking back in the day.

Grew up watching these guys in local halls and Tin sheds , used to play with Lobby Lloyd and the coloured Balls

Here they are rockin around our home town of Melbs

How about an Aca Daca protege band? I'm a Canadian, and me and my buddies played this in our basements back home in when we were growing up, smokin smack and gettin into what kids do???

RIP Doc Neeson who passed away here in Oz last week...

Here's another great one...

Just a couple of chords, but goes so hard! No way, get fracked, fark off!

And a couple of similar era bands from the prairies...

This last one meant something special to me and my first gal. :rolleyes:

I have some current stuff from my home here in Aus if anyone wants.

All time favourite album (can't pick a song from it, but if I have to it's this one). The entire album is perfection, start to finish. I never tire of it:

HM: Gimme Shelter (longstanding favourite that never gets old); Since I've Been Loving You; Alive; Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns; Underground (Moist); I Cry & The Box (Holly McNarland).

Songs keep flooding in, hard to narrow it down but these are the go to/longstanding/never fails. MG's Avalanche album is always on repeat for me and every single listen it gives me goosebumps. That's good. And it'll remain my favourite.

Video is this one, love it. My daughter actually did something so awesome for my birthday...she redid the video of her doing the moves. She incorporated poi into it, it was the best birthday gift ever. It was SO thoughtful and required endless hours to get it just right...the song totally worked. It was perfect.

Favourite Video? Not a big video fan. Only one I can think of is Around the World by Daft Punk.

Favourite Song? Probably a five way tie between "You Are My Sunshine", "The Golden Girls Theme Song", "Lost Cause", "Honkey Tonk Woman", and "I'm Looking Through You."

This one could be about our pal Kesler? :rolleyes: "You are just, another white boy, thinkin your so high! Go take a step outside, see whats shakin in the real world..."

I saw the JBT trio in Edmonton wi Ben Harper. Now I go fishing in Pinjarra on the Serpentine River near where he grew up, or hit Freo for a coffee on sunday morning, last chance to hit on a friday night. The old port city of Freemantle is where this boy started his career busking. One of the worlds brilliant guitar blues "picking" artists! Grows his fingernails near 1/2 an inch long to pluck and tap on his strings. Does 20 minute instrumentals of this song live and gets everybody shaking. Brilliant!

This one could be about our pal Kesler? :rolleyes: "You are just, another white boy, thinkin your so high! Go take a step outside, see whats shakin in the real world..."

I saw the JBT trio in Edmonton wi Ben Harper. Now I go fishing in Pinjarra on the Serpentine River near where he grew up, or hit Freo for a coffee on sunday morning, last chance to hit on a friday night. The old port city of Freemantle is where this boy started his career busking. One of the worlds brilliant guitar blues "picking" artists! Grows his fingernails near 1/2 an inch long to pluck and tap on his strings. Does 20 minute instrumentals of this song live and gets everybody shaking. Brilliant!

John Butler is a brilliant musician and even better person.

Was Nicki Bomba playing drums in the Trio when you saw them ?

I met Nicki at Mt.hotham , he was playing at the snowbird where i lived and worked, he is a very kind, gentle man and a wonderful percussionist, he played the glasses and jugs and other assorted objects behind the bar like they were drums.

I hope the AC/DC songs you were playing were off records that Bon Scott sang on , apart from back in black all the rest are virtually the same record.

eminem-till i collapse

green day-brain stew

nirvana-heart shaped box

blue october-hate me

notorious big-dead wrong

kendrick lamar-hiiipower

pearl jam-yellow bedletter

mumford and sons-little lion man

dr dre-still dre

yelawolf-pop the trunk

stone temple pilots-plush

the killers-mr. brightside