The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Anaheim deal for #1(draft deal)

Was focusing on the way to aquire the two Hometown players,can't really say what the exact deal will end up with Anaheim will be.However since the GM in Anaheim has stated his draft choices were in play I thought I'd start there.Maybe a player or two comes with the pick.

Kesler for #10 +#24

Tanev,Hansen # 10,#24 to Florida for #1

Draft Reinhart #1+Virtanen#6

We could get more for Kesler, package for 1st from florida isn't enough, I think the deal has to be ridiculously in favor of Florida for them to give up the first. Really I think they threw out that they are considering trading the pick for the sake of due diligence.

Did you read the proposal?

If you asking me, yes I read it.

#10, ,#24 , Hansen, Tanev. for #1

Here's the thing,

Tallon does not want our spare parts and other teams middling picks in a weak draft year.

Adding together a large group of mediocre pieces to get one great piece works in the video game, I get that.

It does not work in real life.

And yes, I realize you think Tanev is a top, young, up and coming defender who the whole league is drooling over.

He is not. He is an average to decent D-man as far as the rest of the world is concerned, and nobody outside of Vancouver thinks he is anything truly special.

His trade value might be a 2nd rounder,

Hansen might be worth a 3rd or a 4th

The #10 and # 24 picks in a weak draft may not even play in the NHL, to say nothing of the fact that the players Tallon covets (Ehlers, Nylander)will be GONE by the time those two picks come around.

So you're expecting Tallon to be interested in giving up the 1st over all pick for the value of a 2nd, 3rd and two picks that will not get him the players that motivated him to shop his pick in the first place? 2 picks that might not even be NHL players?

Once again, I'm trying to think of a nicer way to put it but this proposal is utter fantasy.

I know you want good players, you want them cheap and you don't want to give up anything you like for them , but unless you're dealing with Darryl Sutter or Mike Milbury, it's not going to happen.

Just try putting yourself in the other teams position before posting a proposal

This is assuming a realistic proposal is what you are going for,

If it isn't, and you're just throwing things out there for the hell of it, then fine, have 'at 'er

If you asking me, yes I read it.

#10, ,#24 , Hansen, Tanev. for #1

Here's the thing,

Tallon does not want our spare parts and other teams middling picks in a weak draft year.

Adding together a large group of mediocre pieces to get one great piece works in the video game, I get that.

It does not work in real life.

And yes, I realize you think Tanev is a top, young, up and coming defender who the whole league is drooling over.

He is not. He is an average to decent D-man as far as the rest of the world is concerned, and nobody outside of Vancouver thinks he is anything truly special.

His trade value might be a 2nd rounder,

Hansen might be worth a 3rd or a 4th

The #10 and # 24 picks in a weak draft may not even play in the NHL, to say nothing of the fact that the players Tallon covets (Ehlers, Nylander)will be GONE by the time those two picks come around.

So you're expecting Tallon to be interested in giving up the 1st over all pick for the value of a 2nd, 3rd and two picks that will not get him the players that motivated him to shop his pick in the first place? 2 picks that might not even be NHL players?

Once again, I'm trying to think of a nicer way to put it but this proposal is utter fantasy.

I know you want good players, you want them cheap and you don't want to give up anything you like for them , but unless you're dealing with Darryl Sutter or Mike Milbury, it's not going to happen.

Just try putting yourself in the other teams position before posting a proposal

This is assuming a realistic proposal is what you are going for,

If it isn't, and you're just throwing things out there for the hell of it, then fine, have 'at 'er

Then we differ on valuations.I think the tenth pick can be pushed with the 24th to move up a couple spots to draft Ehlers or Nylander in the 7-9 range.Tanev's value we disagree on which is fine.I think he has more value and is at a decent price also.Hansen is a player who adds speed to a lineup and an all around game that transfers to playoff hockey well.Two players who are solid and priced right on top of the player they covet.Is that a reach,depends on valuations.

As far as the big drama delusional broohaha? Gimme a break you obviously don't read a lot of these proposals.As far as Canucks attempting to aquire number one and hold six they have very few assets available to work with ,but Tanev and Hansen are definitely possible to move.

Then we differ on valuations.I think the tenth pick can be pushed with the 24th to move up a couple spots to draft Ehlers or Nylander in the 7-9 range.Tanev's value we disagree on which is fine.I think he has more value and is at a decent price also.Hansen is a player who adds speed to a lineup and an all around game that transfers to playoff hockey well.Two players who are solid and priced right on top of the player they covet.Is that a reach,depends on valuations.

As far as the big drama delusional broohaha? Gimme a break you obviously don't read a lot of these proposals.As far as Canucks attempting to aquire number one and hold six they have very few assets available to work with ,but Tanev and Hansen are definitely possible to move.

Well finally we agree on something,

Yes, there are very few assets to work with.

The assets we have at this moment that aren't tied to a NMC, and that Tallon would actually answer his phone to talk about:

1.Horvat (Rumor is this is who he asked for)

2.#6th

3.Kassian

4. Shinkaruk.....maybe (Not sure how people feel about him with his hip)

As things stand, we make the deal with those pieces or not at all.

So as I'm sure you know, our trading up to #1 is entirely dependent on the return for Kessler,

Archived