Tt, nick leddy, 1st round pick

To chicago:

Kesler, 3rd round pick 2015

To van:

1st overall

To Fla:

Nick leddy, 6th overall

Basically reinhart, tt, 1st round pick for kesler, 6th overall

Prospect center depth becomes amazing. Reinhart 1st line center, tt second line center, horvat 3rd line center.

Sounds fine other than the 3rd going to Chicago.

Yea I was contemplating the pick. The deal might get done without it. Just put it I as I thought it makes it a little more fair but again it could be taken out as chicago is in the west.

Go with your gut instinct, you most likely would have to give the 3rd.

Good, fair decent proposal imo.

Chicago accepts if the Canucks retain some of Kesler's salary (Vancouver really doesn't need the cap space).

Florida will get a better offer.

But the rumor is that they wanted tanev+6th overall for the first. Leddy has more value than tanev. Only reason we keep him is our shortness of good right hand shot d-men.

Chicago is one of those teams that almost never trades away prospects and a lot of them develop into good players. They're a team that has great success drafting and that's how their team is built (Kane, Toews, Keith, etc). While the deal is fair for both sides, I don't think they'll want to trade away their best prospect considering they're going to have to resign Toews and Kane to MASSSIVE deals next summer. They've also got to sign Saad in that same year.

I think Florida is getting better offers from other teams (Toronto and maybe Edmonton). Unless Tallon gets an insane offer (Kadri, Phaneuf, 8th), he's not trading it away. I think Edmonton will move up to 1 by trading away a young forward.

Chicago is one of those teams that almost never trades away prospects and a lot of them develop into good players. They're a team that has great success drafting and that's how their team is built (Kane, Toews, Keith, etc). While the deal is fair for both sides, I don't think they'll want to trade away their best prospect considering they're going to have to resign Toews and Kane to MASSSIVE deals next summer. They've also got to sign Saad in that same year.

I think Florida is getting better offers from other teams (Toronto and maybe Edmonton). Unless Tallon gets an insane offer (Kadri, Phaneuf, 8th), he's not trading it away. I think Edmonton will move up to 1 by trading away a young forward.

These are my 2 suspicions, 1- Tallon drafts AE 2- Edmonton trades 3rd and Yakupov for 1st and something.

But I really do think Tallon will draft AE.

Good idea. Nick Leddy would be perfect for FLO, especially if Brian Campbell wants out. I would prefer not to give them the 6th overall though. You think theres any way to snag that first with somehow giving them the 27th overall? Just curious

One of the best proposals i've seen in a long time. Those two trades almost immediately turn around our rebuild. Another high pick in 2015 and our prospect pool will be nearly complete. After that if it looks as though we are on the rise we can possibly use some expendable prospects to use in trades to bring in more experienced players if we are looking to make a cup run.

2014 Draft:

1st = Reinhart

27th = Ho-Sang/Scherbak - Both have high end skill - Ho-Sang needs to get stronger - Scherbak is very raw. I like Scherbaks size. Could be a Nichushkin type player (similar skill level not afraid to go to the net) - There is also the russian factor...

36th = Travis Sanheim

Prospect Depth Chart:

Shinkaruk-Reinhart-Jensen

Scherbak-Teravainen-Kassian

Fox-Horvat-Cassels

Lain-Gaunce-Grenier

Defence will need to improve, but I predict it will drastically throughout the next few drafts.

Edler-Tanev - I know edler isn't really a prospect anymore, but still has room to improve

Sanheim-Corrado

Hutton-Subban

Cederholm

Lack

Markstrom - Solid Goaltending depth at least one should pan out to be a good NHL starter one day.

Eriksson

Chicago accepts if the Canucks retain some of Kesler's salary (Vancouver really doesn't need the cap space).

Florida will get a better offer.

To van:

Tt, nick leddy, 1st round pick

To chicago:

Kesler, 3rd round pick 2015

To van:

1st overall

To Fla:

Nick leddy, 6th overall

Basically reinhart, tt, 1st round pick for kesler, 6th overall

Prospect center depth becomes amazing. Reinhart 1st line center, tt second line center, horvat 3rd line center.

Canucks should retain some of Kesler's salary as part of the deal and use the 2014 3rd round pick as an add on to the trade for the first overall pick.

Leddy, 6th (Ehlers) , 3rd round pick for Reinhart - I bet you Florida takes that.

Also do u think we would need to take on Brian Campbell as part of the deal (their cap dump)

One of the best proposals i've seen in a long time. Those two trades almost immediately turn around our rebuild. Another high pick in 2015 and our prospect pool will be nearly complete. After that if it looks as though we are on the rise we can possibly use some expendable prospects to use in trades to bring in more experienced players if we are looking to make a cup run.

2014 Draft:

1st = Reinhart

27th = Ho-Sang/Scherbak - Both have high end skill - Ho-Sang needs to get stronger - Scherbak is very raw. I like Scherbaks size. Could be a Nichushkin type player (similar skill level not afraid to go to the net) - There is also the russian factor...

36th = Travis Sanheim

Prospect Depth Chart:

Shinkaruk-Reinhart-Jensen

Scherbak-Teravainen-Kassian

Fox-Horvat-Cassels

Lain-Gaunce-Grenier

Defence will need to improve, but I predict it will drastically throughout the next few drafts.

Edler-Tanev - I know edler isn't really a prospect anymore, but still has room to improve

Sanheim-Corrado

Hutton-Subban

Cederholm

Lack

Markstrom - Solid Goaltending depth at least one should pan out to be a good NHL starter one day.

Eriksson

We won't get Sanheim, he'll go first round

Archived