The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Zombie Apocolypse] GAME OVER - RCC Win!

Dral

Mafia Poles!  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sometimes I talk Canucks here because the posters here are mostly sensible and there aren't random arguments between angry people.

BTW, I don't see why people would be disappointed. Garrison was nothing special and Kesler wanted out. Bonino and Sbisa will do well, especially Bonino.

It's like everyone here is just stoned and everyone in CT is strung out on Crack

Sometimes I talk Canucks here because the posters here are mostly sensible and there aren't random arguments between angry people.

BTW, I don't see why people would be disappointed. Garrison was nothing special and Kesler wanted out. Bonino and Sbisa will do well, especially Bonino.

I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know what everyone here thinks. But the Kesler deal is fine to me. I wish it was the 10th instead of the 24th pick, but the value seems fair to me. People are just disappointed because they were expecting Etem, another prospect, and the 10th, but the Canucks weren't in a position to leverage that much.

The Garrison deal is unfortunate, but I can see the necessity of the cap dump.

The worst deal is the Dorsett one. A 3rd round pick for a 4th line plug? Ugh.

I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know what everyone here thinks. But the Kesler deal is fine to me. I wish it was the 10th instead of the 24th pick, but the value seems fair to me. People are just disappointed because they were expecting Etem, another prospect, and the 10th, but the Canucks weren't in a position to leverage that much.

The Garrison deal is unfortunate, but I can see the necessity of the cap dump.

The worst deal is the Dorsett one. A 3rd round pick for a 4th line plug? Ugh.

Honestly I'm fine with all the trades except the Garrison one I think we could have got a 4th rounder thrown in

Guys am I going have to change my user name :/

Garrison being moved SHOULD mean we're keeping Tanev. I think.

FWIW, I was surprised by the Garrison deal but I don't mind it. Obviously, Benning seems to believe that JG's last season wasn't just a one-off, and that he's likely on the downswing of his career. If Garrison falls off a cliff next season, this is going to look like a fantastic deal. If he reverts back to "fringe top-pairing Garrison", this is (obviously) terrible.

Agreed. I was hoping Kesler's seemingly bloated league-wide reputation would lead to some team overpaying for him, but we probably ended up with fair value, especially considering the fact that there were only two teams (reportedly) in the running.

Yes everyone read the OP Dral did a great job

Read? Do you all want a Leader who reads or leads? I do what good leaders do and that is make impulsive rash decisions on gut feelings rather than let "facts" cloud what needs to be done!

I like the 1st 2 trades. 3rd one was meh.

I think that's fair enough. Depends on your outlook of each player. I did not want Kesler on this team anymore, but I'm still disappointed with the return. The Canucks were not trading from a strong stand point, and that is in part because their still cleaning up Gillis' mess/hamstringing of the team, but it was still disappointing.

Freeing up the capspace is fine, but only if there's a direct plan to use it. Who could they possibly be planning to use it on right now?

I would much prefer Ehlers or a faller from the top 5, but Ritchie seems way more appealing to me than Virtanen. I'm worried Virtanen is who Benning wants.

I'm not a Virtanen fan, but I'd rather have him than Ritchie. Preference would be to have a players like Ehlers, yeah. But if it came down to drafting one the aforementioned two, I'm hoping for a trade up instead.

So glad we're clearing all this cap space to sign David freaking Bolland.

This is my point. Who exactly is it that the Canucks are going to sign in to help? Some of these rumoured players aren't appealing.

It's more than fair to be concerned at this point in time. But I suppose they can still show us what they're about. I hope I'm not as angry this year as I was the last year by the time the Canucks finished making their first pick.

A top 4 defenceman is worth a lot more than a 2nd round pick. He's a better defenceman than Edler or Bieksa in my eyes.

Archived