The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Woooooo' after every goal announcement

homersexual

I can't stand it, have no idea why Gillis brought this in. It reminds me so much of Ric Flair's 'WOOOOOO'. Now that Gillis is gone, I really hope they get rid of it. I know Carolina did this with a Ric Flair video during their playoff run a while back.

Yes, because Gillis personally made every Canucks-related decision the entire time he was here. Are you going to blame the taste of the pretzels on him too? Or the size of the hot dogs?

Like it. Adds life and loudness to the place. Maybe if all the suits (what, like 15-20% of the seats?) actually got up and cheered then Rogers Arena might actually be loud enough to enjoy. I can't be the only one to notice how quiet our fans are compared to other team's.

We could always replace it with Dwayne Johnson's trash talk hyping.

LA has copied us with saying Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc anytime Robitaille is seen

LA has copied us with their slogan We Are All Kings

The Wooooooooo happens alot randomly in the crowd at RA... I've heard it in one section then a few seconds later in a few sections over...

I love it. And it wasn't Gillis' doing ... didn't it start with Willie Mitchell? Somehow I just can't picture MG woo'ing.

It is horrible, the worst thing when watching a game and you hear that. I really hope the Canucks get rid of it..can't stand it !

Hopefully Linden and crew can bring back some good old tunes and bring back the atmosphere of going to " a hockey game " like it used to be back in the day.

No weird rave/dance crap playing, no " make some noise " to try and get the crowd making noise lol.......

the WOOOOO is awesome, you must be one of those suits in the lower bowl that complain to security about noise.

Crowd participation is already terrible in the garage, I'd keep it or it's gonna be a theatre in there soon. There's no way it's going.

If you listen to any junior game after a goal, especially a big goal, the players are all wooing and whatnot, it's a hockey thing. You must be old.

Ya I agree, That should be a focus for next year to get the crowds a little more lively. Compare it to the Jets arena or Montreal etc you can basically hearing crickets chirping in ours. Would love to experience that crowd rush.

The whooing isn't bad. Maybe we should have the arena do a huge Hooh Hooh (sp?) like in 300 with the spartans :towel: : :D

Or after every goal just have the entire crowd try to imitate and freestyle their best under water Orca sounds :P

Archived