The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] VAN interested in Ryan Miller

Honestly, think its a decent idea to have a vet alongside the lackinator (dont want to stunt his growth like Dubnyk by thrusting him into the starting role when hes not ready), but don't want to blow a ton of cap space on him. We'll see what happens!

This move would secure our immediate future as not being able to implement a proper rebuild plan, so I can see it happening.

Ryan Miller, however, doesn't excite me it terms of 'win now' mode. Look at how horrible he was behind St. Louis' air-tight defense in the playoffs.

There's no problem with Lack/Markstrom for the time being if the Canucks knew better.

Miller for 2-3 years, playing 50-60 games and Lack playing 20-30 is not bad for his development. Was elevated to #1 pretty quickly, without behing tested really.

All depend on Miller's demand.

I assume Hiller would be for a backup role, insurance policy. That way Lack could play 50-60 instead of 65-70.

My big issue would be that Markstrom would have to go through waivers. Don't think we should let him go for nothing.

Doesn't that kick in at the draft like Hansen's NTC.

I only ask that because there were Edler rumors about how he could be traded before the draft since his NTC kicked in then from his extension.

Also I thought you could waive players willingly in the offseason?

I'd imagine Vancouver would have to be promising him upwards of 55 starts, I'm ok with 30 for Lack though.

Just please god no NTC, at the very least when can get assets back for this guy later on

no NTC and only a 2 yr deal to see if he can play up to par and not mess the bed as he has been doing the past few years since Lucic steamrolled him

Never been a Miller fan per say. He reminds me of a guy that is great during regular season then craps the bed in playoffs or when the big game is on the line

Archived