The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler vs. Nashville ...while this is still Canucks Talk

Drive-By Body Pierce

Sedins carried us against San Jose as much as Kesler led us through Nashville. Top players are supposed to carry you through teams unfortunately he's only ever done that for one series. Hence why we don't win; we are missing those people who truly leave it all on the line

It also shows you can carry your team once in a while but to win in the playoffs you need to play as a team. That is where Kesler fails big time.

Relative to what? They were average back then.

They were one of the hardest teams to score against. So defensive and defensive pairs were always covering back. To dominate them in a series like Kes did is pretty amazing tbh. If you think otherwise, I'm not sure you give the Preds defensive system as much credit as it deserves from 2011.

Sedins carried us against San Jose as much as Kesler led us through Nashville. Top players are supposed to carry you through teams unfortunately he's only ever done that for one series. Hence why we don't win; we are missing those people who truly leave it all on the line

It also shows you can carry your team once in a while but to win in the playoffs you need to play as a team. That is where Kesler fails big time.

He went head to head with Toews the round earlier. Then head to head with Thornton in the 3rd round.

Kesler and Toews cancelled each other out. Kesler had the better of Thornton until he got injured.

He's a top defensive forward in the game. Don't just look at scoring as a way to carry your team.

I am not surprised how many Canucks fans forgetting Kesler as soon is he was put on trading block. I am not surprised but this is just sad....Loyalty were never connect with Canucks fans, and Kesler not a first player whom we forgot already !! (and he still a Canucks player !!!)

Archived