The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler vs. Nashville ...while this is still Canucks Talk

Drive-By Body Pierce

Definitely agree with others that it seemed like yesterday when he dominated the Preds. Bitter-sweet now that he is on the verge of leaving.

He went head to head with Toews the round earlier. Then head to head with Thornton in the 3rd round.

Kesler and Toews cancelled each other out. Kesler had the better of Thornton until he got injured.

He's a top defensive forward in the game. Don't just look at scoring as a way to carry your team.

Was pretty awesome to see him going head to head with some of the best in West, and sustaining some of it into the Finals where we ultimately ran out of gas...

Great memories without a doubt... but we need to look towards the future sans Kesler... :sadno:

I am not surprised how many Canucks fans forgetting Kesler as soon is he was put on trading block. I am not surprised but this is just sad....Loyalty were never connect with Canucks fans, and Kesler not a first player whom we forgot already !! (and he still a Canucks player !!!)

Loyalty? You may want to talk to kess about that before you go pointing fingers at the fans. He could use a little more loyalty in his personal life as well as to the team, he's a slime ball all the way around why should we be loyal?

Honestly, Kesler gets too much credit for "shutdown" Toews during that series. Re-watch the series, Toews had numerous scoring chances from left to right. It was Luongo who had Toews' number and him not capitalizing on his chances.

This is disgraceful. No wonder so many think of our fans as bandwagoners and terrible.

While Kesler will probably be traded, he is still a Canuck. He was an elite two way centre for a number of years and stabilized one of the better 1-2 punches with H. Sedin. Have some god damn respect. When he was scoring 40 goals, and winning the selke, ALL of you were singing his praises.

As for the unwarranted personal attacks, why would one even start there? Because he asked to be traded he should be considered a "slime ball". Just because he doesn't seem to be the nicest person off the ice doesn't mean he should be attacked on this forum.

Have some respect people. For all we know this could be another Luongo saga where he will be back, so we have to be prepared to be on his side again.

This is disgraceful. No wonder so many think of our fans as bandwagoners and terrible.

While Kesler will probably be traded, he is still a Canuck. He was an elite two way centre for a number of years and stabilized one of the better 1-2 punches with H. Sedin. Have some god damn respect. When he was scoring 40 goals, and winning the selke, ALL of you were singing his praises.

As for the unwarranted personal attacks, why would one even start there? Because he asked to be traded he should be considered a "slime ball". Just because he doesn't seem to be the nicest person off the ice doesn't mean he should be attacked on this forum.

Have some respect people. For all we know this could be another Luongo saga where he will be back, so we have to be prepared to be on his side again.

Who cares what others think of us Canuck fans? Why do you care?

Kesler was elite for 2 seasons. He had 1 season where he broke the 40 goal mark and 3 seasons where he broke the 50 point mark. The year Kesler won the Selke I was honestly pulling for Datsyuk who is consistently one of the best two way forwards in the game, so no not ALL of us were singing his praises.

Personal attacks are a bit harsh, however for a guy who supposedly has the heart of a Canuck, its funny how he suddenly wants to jump ship as soon as the A is taken from him and when the team falls on "darker" times. Not saying wanting a cup is bad thing, but Kesler clearly has a "me first" personality for the game. Pretty understandable that fans would be upset with him wanting to leave.

No one wants another Luongo saga. Fans don't want a player who doesn't want to be on the team. Just because he's staying doesn't mean we should be prepared to be on his side.

Thanks and I appreciate what youre trying to do here.

Unfortunately he hasnt exactly done a good job of endearing himself to the good portion of the fan base since then, and this seems to be culminating into a less then affable separation between Kesler and the organization.

Youre probably not going to get the enthusiastic response you may have been hoping for by posting this.

I am not surprised how many Canucks fans forgetting Kesler as soon is he was put on trading block. I am not surprised but this is just sad....Loyalty were never connect with Canucks fans, and Kesler not a first player whom we forgot already !! (and he still a Canucks player !!!)

Hahaha you might want Bieksa explaining what it is to be loyal to kesler first before you start pointing fingers at the fans. The guy is a heartless, gutless, pussy. I'm tired of these cry baby athletes on our team. Get rid of the cancer already.

Archived