The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler vs. Nashville ...while this is still Canucks Talk

Drive-By Body Pierce

Will never forgive Gillis for screwing that team.

Brilliant video. I hope we keep him, Two years under a winning coach can do wonders. I back Willie to reinvigorate this team and Benning to supply it like a GM who knows where he is going and what he is doing.

To think people wanted this guy as our captain, including me. I personally think the whole luongo situation played a big part of Kesler wanting out. That kind of negativity spreads.

The only negative imo was the guy steering the ship. He's gone and it's onwards and upwards

"but Kesler clearly has a "me first" personality for the game. Pretty understandable that fans would be upset with him wanting to leave."

Reminds me a lot of our fans then, if that's true.

Kesler deserved the A, he sweated blood for it and he should still have it. He first wanted out as did Lu when Gillis started to stink the place out. I would have wanted out too if I had seen our useless GM bring in a tragedy like Tortorella after 3 years of terrible attempts to upgrade the team.

Anyone who didn't appreciate what Kesler has done for the Canucks and the fans are pieces of crap.

If he stay and we can work something out, whether it's a huge raise or signing elite wingers.

I had high hopes to see Kesler win a cup in Vancouver and have #17 retired into the rafters.

Anyone who didn't appreciate what Kesler has done for the Canucks and the fans are pieces of crap.

If he stay and we can work something out, whether it's a huge raise or signing elite wingers.

I had high hopes to see Kesler win a cup in Vancouver and have #17 retired into the rafters.

go fck yourself you self righteous piece of sh*t.

Who cares what others think of us Canuck fans? Why do you care?

Kesler was elite for 2 seasons. He had 1 season where he broke the 40 goal mark and 3 seasons where he broke the 50 point mark. The year Kesler won the Selke I was honestly pulling for Datsyuk who is consistently one of the best two way forwards in the game, so no not ALL of us were singing his praises.

Personal attacks are a bit harsh, however for a guy who supposedly has the heart of a Canuck, its funny how he suddenly wants to jump ship as soon as the A is taken from him and when the team falls on "darker" times. Not saying wanting a cup is bad thing, but Kesler clearly has a "me first" personality for the game. Pretty understandable that fans would be upset with him wanting to leave.

No one wants another Luongo saga. Fans don't want a player who doesn't want to be on the team. Just because he's staying doesn't mean we should be prepared to be on his side.

not to mention they year he got 42 goals he scored 33 of them vs non playoff teams.... he lit up CBJ and edmonton on the reg.

didnt we play them in the second round? quarter finals? my bad i realized you said conference semi's , which is accurate , but dumb , its the quarter finals.

nobody refers to the second round as the quarterfinals. whats the first round, the 1/8 finals?

it's conference quarterfinal, conference semifinal, conference final, stanley cup final.

nobody refers to the second round as the quarterfinals. whats the first round, the 1/8 finals?

it's conference quarterfinal, conference semifinal, conference final, stanley cup final.

1st round, 2nd round, conference finals, stanley cup finals :P

Kesler's series against Chicago in 2011 was the freakin' phenomenal one, he almost made Toews cry and he carried it on to the 2nd round.

But, like Barry Trotz said, Kesler had a great series against Nashville but he made sure that Suter and Weber took such a toll on him that he didn't have much left after. He was pretty proud of that.

I may have a few things to say about Kesler that ain't too pretty once he's traded

But he's still a Canuck! What happens if, because of Kesler's stipulations about where he would agree to go to, the other team low-balls Benning, and he is playing for the Canucks this upcoming season? He's still a Canuck and I'm not going to wish him anything but good health and a great productive season until he's not.

Archived