The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is that a fair trade though?  

For drouin? Canucks would probably have to add. I don't think I'd want him anyway, he sounds like a baby. He was suspended for failing to show up to his AHL game tonight.

edit: Come to think of it, his value has probably dropped significantly. Tough to say where it's at.

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Tough question, I'm not liking how he has been conducting himself lately.  If you would of asked me a few months ago I would of said yes for sure

What if Drouin could step in to our top six, and supply offence though?  I guess it's all a moot point, because JB would worry about the kid's character, much you are too.  

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

For drouin? Canucks would probably have to add. I don't think I'd want him anyway, he sounds like a baby. He was suspended for failing to show up to his AHL game tonight.

Drouin has really high skill, which we need in our top six.  I accept he has some other issues, but that skill is enticing.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Drouin has really high skill, which we need in our top six.  I accept he has some other issues, but that skill is enticing.

The same can be said of Kovalev and Semin, look how they played out. Like that Powerade commercial says, "the skill is nothing without the will" or something like that. 

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Wouldn't Drouin fall under the McSofty category?  Isn't JV a much more valuable piece than a bust like Jonathan Drouin? 

:lol: I know Drouin looks like a softy, both on the ice and character off the ice too.  However I look at him telling TBay to stick it as a positive.  He believes in himself and will stand up for himself, even under negative scrutiny.  Yes he's small, and offers nothing if not generating offence, but his skill is elite.  

:lol: I know Drouin looks like a softy, both on the ice and character off the ice too.  However I look at him telling TBay to stick it as a positive.  He believes in himself and will stand up for himself, even under negative scrutiny.  Yes he's small, and offers nothing if not generating offence, but his skill is elite.

Having a healthy ego and a degree of confidence is admirable. Believing that your personal, immediate needs are above that of an organization\authority figure\parent is a sign of immaturity and selfishness. We don't need this type of young man.

Just now, zimmy said:

Having a healthy ego and a degree of confidence is admirable. Believing that your personal, immediate needs are above that of an organization\authority figure\parent is a sign of immaturity and selfishness. We don't need this type of young man.

ELITE SKILL, trumps off ice troubles - see P. Kane.  Plus, this kid was recovering from a concussion before.  Look how long it's taken Daniel to play on top of his game since his concussion.  This kid could just be feeling right again, and could be a SUPER STEAL.

ELITE SKILL, trumps off ice troubles - see P. Kane.  Plus, this kid was recovering from a concussion before.  Look how long it's taken Daniel to play on top of his game since his concussion.  This kid could just be feeling right again, and could be a SUPER STEAL.

Yes Yes Yes  but P Kane, from all I have heard, is a great soldier and buys into the Chicago way of doing things. His woes are all off ice. I don't know if Drouin has off ice issues. To me this is all "on" ice with him as his seeingly massive ego has him at odds with coaches and management when, at his age, he shouldn't even have an ego. I'm thinking alot of "yes sirs" and  "no sirs" and a dose of genuine humility would serve him well. Regardless of how highly this kid thinks of himself this was not the way to go about getting what he wanted (and his agent has to shoulder some of the blame as well).  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

dude gets an upward chop on the hand no call. 

love you NHL refs.  just love you guys to death. 

Yeah that offciating last night... <_<

On a good note, Virt played quite well again I thought. Some good hits, used his speed, played well defensively, had that almost-goal and helped create a few other chances.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1