The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

No. Mental condition does not equal "retarded".

But I would be surprised to find out he has a mild version of Aspergers/Autism or some sort of social anxiety issue or similar.

Hate to hijack this thread further, but come to think of it I would not be surprised either. But I never felt it was relevant. There's been a lot of excuses made for him during his time here, that's for sure. Didn't see much aside from his time with the twins on the power play until that was shut down.

This is my favorite Welly moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgzZYj2lVY

• Upvote 1

Yeaaaaah, he kind of was. Hard working? No. In great shape? No. But he was a damn skilled/smart player.

If he didn't have what appeared to be some sort of mild/borderline mental condition and could have applied himself he would have been a darn good player.

Anyway...back to Virtanen (not that this thread wasn't already wildly off topic...lol).

I don't know how this became a Wellwood talk but on that subject...

I 100% agree with this comment! Wellwood may not have been the hardest working player, the fastest player, in shape (he was rounder than most), but he did have tremendous talent. The guy was a smooth skater, with some decent vision, a nice release and above average puck handling skills.

I don't know how this became a Wellwood talk but on that subject...

I 100% agree with this comment! Wellwood may not have been the hardest working player, the fastest player, in shape (he was rounder than most), but he did have tremendous talent. The guy was a smooth skater, with some decent vision, a nice release and above average puck handling skills.

Yeah, he had great skill. Shows how daft some people are on this board sometimes.

Kentucky bourbon did it. :(

In the spirit of revealing information, part of the definition of bourbon is that it must be made in Kentucky so you don't have to say "Kentucky bourbon".

To make this post relevant to the thread topic:

I'm going out on a limb here and guaranteeing Virtanen makes the team. This is solely based on my desire to watch a Canucks prospect play for team Canada again.

Geordie and Torie Robertson.........take alook at their careers.........Totally different.......look at Geordie's junior playoff points.......look at the size difference..................lol...............Take my word for it............Torie was not someone to play around with......pretty funny guy though.

Funny. I met Torie about 30 years and we were partying in Penticton were I grew up. He was a friend of my brother. He was 22 I think but built like a brick sxxt house. Arms like Popeye.