The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

2 dumb hits by Virtanen. one after the period was over which caused a crowd. I think he is getting 2 mins in the box for that one. And then one half way through the first where he was just going to the bench and nailed a guy and no puck was in sight. Hes gotta play smarter. Doesn't help when he only got 3-4 shifts and most got 5-7. Made some nice passes one with under a min left

Russian tried to hit him and he bounced off. No penalty as there should not have been. He plays a heavy game. Love the kid

2 dumb hits by Virtanen. one after the period was over which caused a crowd. I think he is getting 2 mins in the box for that one. And then one half way through the first where he was just going to the bench and nailed a guy and no puck was in sight. Hes gotta play smarter. Doesn't help when he only got 3-4 shifts and most got 5-7. Made some nice passes one with under a min left

Lol. Kid tried to put his shoulder into Virtanen and got dropped.

^ was just going to say. He has not had a shift yet. almost half way through the period

Team Canada assistant coach Lowry was interviewed on the radio last night, and he was not overly complimentary of Jake Virtanen. Made it sound like he was a bubble guy compared to some other players. Virtanen may not be making this team as everyone had hoped/expected. Hockey Canada makes some weird decisions with the World Jr team. Like any coaches and management, they have their favorites and pet projects.

Team Canada assistant coach Lowry was interviewed on the radio last night, and he was not overly complimentary of Jake Virtanen. Made it sound like he was a bubble guy compared to some other players. Virtanen may not be making this team as everyone had hoped/expected. Hockey Canada makes some weird decisions with the World Jr team. Like any coaches and management, they have their favorites and pet projects.

I agree with this..for a kid not hardly seeing the ice this period doesnt bode well when there are 2 cuts to be made..could be taking the Horvat snub out on him as well.

Wonder what it is about Virtanens game that the coaches don't like.

Not a good sign if he can't make the team.

Wonder what it is about Virtanens game that the coaches don't like.

Not a good sign if he can't make the team.

Just cause he wasn't oozing over him doesn't mean he doesn't like him.

I'm sure he wants every player to feel like they have to prove themselves.

Virtanen is a lock, don't worry about it.

Honestly it seems like they're only using two lines. I haven't heard so many guys name this period. Ritchie, Dickinson, Gauthier, Charthier, Crouse, Virtanen. Jesus. He's using two frickin lines. He's using Reinhart's line and then Point's line. This is frickin pre-tournament. What the hell?

Honestly it seems like they're only using two lines. I haven't heard so many guys name this period. Ritchie, Dickinson, Gauthier, Charthier, Crouse, Virtanen. Jesus. He's using two frickin lines. He's using Reinhart's line and then Point's line. This is frickin pre-tournament. What the hell?

this Virtanen had 3 shifts only in the final 10 minutes of the period

I wouldn't be so sure the way he is playing. He is easily the worst forward through 2 hope he takes his game to level everyone knows he can play at

If he makes it there is a good chance he will be the 13th forward..hope he has a big 3rd to help his cause.

I wouldn't be so sure the way he is playing. He is easily the worst forward through 2 hope he takes his game to level everyone knows he can play at

People base way too much on one game.

You realize hockey Canada has scouts, and have watched him play over the course of the season right?

They're not basing everything on one game. If that were true then Reinhart and Dal Colle would be cut after this game too. :lol:

Edited by DeNiro