The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Anyone stop and think that maybe Ritchie is being played more because he's on the bubble?

This is an evaluation game after all. Why play Virtanen if he knows he's already on the team?

Everyone I know thinks Virtanen is a lock. However you never know with Hockey Canada and their stupid favorites.

Wow so much mixed reviews and opinions. Didn't catch the game unfortunately. I hope Jake makes the team, but you just never know with TC selections.

Was disappointed to see Virtanen without a shift in OT, but you could tell that was going to be the case seeing how the coaches used their players today. Would have been neat to see Crouse and Virtanen out with some open ice. Oh well...

Ritchie had a solid game

I thought Ritchie was, relatively speaking, quiet tonight. He wasn't bad but he certainly didn't have that "Nick Ritchie-energy" we've seen him play with during other international-type games (summer evaluation camp and Super Series). The IIHF rules and stuff definitely had an impact but, aside from an early hit on (I think) Goldobin, he was barely involved physically, which was a shame. It'll be interesting to see if he plays with Fabbri and McDavid next game, as that line was dynamite during the evaluation camp this past summer.

@markhmasters: Groulx fairly positive about Crouse, Gauthier in post-game comments.” Crouse-Gauthier-Virtanen line was good

Groulx was less enthusiastic about the Dal Colle-Dickinson-Chartier line ... again we'll have some clarity soon enough

Edited by Down by the River

Dickinson, Chartier and Point will be cut.

I doubt Virtanen will be cut before those guys.

Hopefully he gets a chance to play with more offensive guys than Gauthier though. Won't be much fun to watch if tonight's game is any indication of how virtanen will be used. The top two lines got tonnes of opportunity but not much for virtanen.

I doubt Virtanen will be cut before those guys.

Hopefully he gets a chance to play with more offensive guys than Gauthier though. Won't be much fun to watch if tonight's game is any indication of how virtanen will be used. The top two lines got tonnes of opportunity but not much for virtanen.

If Dickinson goes, Gauthier is going to centre the fourth line. Hopefully Virtanen can find a way to stay on the third line at least.