The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Phew Jake makes the team.

Wonder what role he'll be playing in to start.

I couldn't watch the game because of my last exam, but I heard he was excellent with Crouse and Gauthier.

Crouse and Virtanen provide excellent size and speed on the wings. That's a match made in heaven, especially given that this tourney will be played on smaller ice. Good luck to whoever has to match up against that line! EDIT: (if they play together to start the tourney).

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

Virtanen has a better shot to be a third liner than Point IMO.

Especially after Point's game today. He got PP time, played in the top-6, and even took some of Virtanen's shifts (once in the first and a couple in the second). Yet he was still very quiet.

I'd put money on Virtanen starting in a bottom-6 role, but I'm totally fine with that.

The thought of Crouse and Virtanen as a wing pairing is making me.... you know. ;)

Like I mentioned on the last page, I just don't see him doing enough to surpass Duclair or Lazar on the RW depth chart... to start, at least. I would say it's a bottom-6 battle between Virtanen and Point, though Jake did have a good game alongside Crouse.

Him being in the bottom 6 is fine.

This is a pretty stacked team, and lets not forget who's in the top 6. Four 19 year olds and McDavid.

If he's gonna beat out anyone for a top 6 role, it would be Fabbri on his off wing IMO. But if not there's nothing wrong with that. He should get a shot in a bigger role next year, and it's still better than not making it at all.

Him being in the bottom 6 is fine.

This is a pretty stacked team, and lets not forget who's in the top 6. Four 19 year olds and McDavid.

If he's gonna beat out anyone for a top 6 role, it would be Fabbri on his off wing IMO. But if not there's nothing wrong with that. He should get a shot in a bigger role next year, and it's still better than not making it at all.

Absolutely. It would have been great to see him play top 6 but this just means we have a very talented group this year. I don't see one of their rare right-shooting RWers moving away from that wing so I see Virtanen in the bottom 6 the whole tournament.

Now I am not making player comparisons but we had .......Bert/Morrison/Naslund

So why wouldn't hockey Canada go with xxxxx/McDavid/Virtanen.........not saying it going to happen, but Virtanen needs someone who can get him the puck and he will carry it in, having McDavid and ??? move it around would give TC one very dangerous line........

I guess what I am saying is I would not be suprised if Jake didn't end up there.......has he ever played with a really, really, really good center?

Anyways, then I wake up and turn off the TV.....LOL

It sure will be interesting!....Sure nice to have a Canuck on team Canada......anyone know how our other prospects are doing?

mdc has an attitude problem. jake is coachable, eager, and hungry

Good to see Virtanen on the team. TSN has him as 4RW, but just making the team is good.

Right now he is looking like a good pick. MDC was picked ahead of him, and there was a lot of talk about maybe picking Perlini, Ritchie, Nylander, Ehlers and Fleury. But right now Virtanen looks like the best of that group.

Eckblad and Reinhart still look like the class of the draft and Draisaitl looks like the real deal. But we have to be happy about Virtanen.

I still think it is too bad that the Canucks did not make Horvat available.

• Upvote 1

Good to see Virtanen on the team. TSN has him as 4RW, but just making the team is good.

Right now he is looking like a good pick. MDC was picked ahead of him, and there was a lot of talk about maybe picking Perlini, Ritchie, Nylander, Ehlers and Fleury. But right now Virtanen looks like the best of that group.

Eckblad and Reinhart still look like the class of the draft and Draisaitl looks like the real deal. But we have to be happy about Virtanen.

I still think it is too bad that the Canucks did not make Horvat available.

Don't forget Sam Bennett on the IR. He looked amazing in preseason (even though it's just preseason).

100% would have made this team if healthy.

• Upvote 1