The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Virtannen had a very solid game. He was strong on the puck, he was Canada's best player in the 1st, he was physical he was mean and nasty. He was strong on the puck, and he moved the puck around very well actually. Whenever there was a Virtannen shift the play is on the other end.

Jim Benning knew what he was doing when we Selected Jake Virtannen of New Westminister B.C with the 6th pick. I don't care how many points Nylander puts up, we made the right pick.

Love the positivity B)

Though, we will get more clarity when they face eachother.

Both are excellent players, but Virtanen is more suited for our specific needs. Also has the higher potential IMO.

Anyone have a clip of where Virtanen bowled over that Russian kid on the boards? Was watching high lights on TSN and wowzors did he just ran the kid over like a truck hitting a car.

he was steamrolling everyone, including their mothers and their kids. love seeing that, and the refs put away the whistles, for the most part, which made for some real entertaining hockey

Edited by Discord

Especially after Point's game today. He got PP time, played in the top-6, and even took some of Virtanen's shifts (once in the first and a couple in the second). Yet he was still very quiet.

Like I mentioned on the last page, I just don't see him doing enough to surpass Duclair or Lazar on the RW depth chart... to start, at least. I would say it's a bottom-6 battle between Virtanen and Point, though Jake did have a good game alongside Crouse.

I was there so it was hard to follow a particular player but Crouse stood out all night. He was really strong. Duclair was easily the best player on the ice.

Virtannen had a very solid game. He was strong on the puck, he was Canada's best player in the 1st, he was physical he was mean and nasty. He was strong on the puck, and he moved the puck around very well actually. Whenever there was a Virtannen shift the play is on the other end.

Jim Benning knew what he was doing when we Selected Jake Virtannen of New Westminister B.C with the 6th pick. I don't care how many points Nylander puts up, we made the right pick.

Um for the record, jake is from Abbotsford

Edited by TheOgRook

Watching the replay of the game last night, and I dont know why he wasn't being played more. He had a great game. Made smart passes in the ozone, threw some big hits, didn't turn the puck over, and agitated the Russians.

Because it's only a pre-tournament mean nothing warm up game.

The coaches know what he can do and if he'd already made the team, they likely wanted more looks at the bubble players.

• Upvote 1

Watching the replay of the game last night, and I dont know why he wasn't being played more. He had a great game. Made smart passes in the ozone, threw some big hits, didn't turn the puck over, and agitated the Russians.

I think it was one of those games where the coach said "no need for changes. were totally outplaying them the way it is. The goals will come." and they just didn't. shots were like 50-20, I could understand why a coach saw little need to adjustments midway

Watching him play in the game last night I couldn't help but think that he was what many Canucks fans were asking for after losing to Boston. A top liner with some nastiness, NOT 3rd and 4th line goons.

Anyway it's great seeing Canucks content on Canada, here's to a great tourney for Jake.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone seen a good highlight video of yesterday's game that shows some of virtanens play. I just watched a 16 minute video and I only saw Virtanen on the ice once in the first And second and 3 times in the 3rd. Not really a good perspective lol

Because it's only a pre-tournament mean nothing warm up game.

The coaches know what he can do and if he'd already made the team, they likely wanted more looks at the bubble players.

Totally right Dawg

Thing is, I don't think he was ever on the bubble after the last 2 exhibition games, if he was even with the bottom 4, he gets the nod on the production he had already shown......that is why he could be sat, especially after he comes out and shows speed and tenacity in the first......after that it didn't matter