The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I hope those aren't the lines in the game..

i honestly dont understand. Jake is one of the highest scoring forwards, if not he highest, since camp started. He was placed in a checking role and performed tremendously on friday. Kid has done everything thats been asked of him. I wonder if he is doing something the coach doesn't like?

i honestly dont understand. Jake is one of the highest scoring forwards, if not he highest, since camp started. He was placed in a checking role and performed tremendously on friday. Kid has done everything thats been asked of him. I wonder if he is doing something the coach doesn't like?

Brayden Point has been equally impressive (if not more), but he's the 13th forward.

Maybe they just really like Gauthier - Virtanen combo.

I want to see him on the 3rd line too, but it's not like the 4th line is significantly worse off. I wouldn't sweat it.

What are this Groulx guys' credentials besides being the QMJHL coach of the year a little more than a decade ago?

Judging from his comments to the press and these line combinations he's assembled through practice, it seems like he has zero clue about what kind of players he has on the roster and that he's playing favorites.

What are this Groulx guys' credentials besides being the QMJHL coach of the year a little more than a decade ago?

Judging from his comments to the press and these line combinations he's assembled through practice, it seems like he has zero clue about what kind of players he has on the roster and that he's playing favorites.

I starting to lean towards that as well. I mean Fabbri is good but he hasn't really done anything aside from his 1st game in the CIS game. I just dont understand why he'd bump off Virtanen, one of 3 right handed forwards on the team, off the 3rd line right wing spot. Even a,

Fabbri Petan Virtanen 3rd line seems better.

While Nic Paul has been good, I don't think having him slotted in as a 3rd line center because he played 1 good game is fair to any other center.

now you know why Canada loses every year. They base it on 1 game, horrible decision to scratch Dal Colle.

It's a tournament built on "one games" no time to wait for some to come around

Nevermind the fact they have been watching these kids all year and beyond

Edited by Canorth

Virtanen with a great last shift. Had a slick shot on a great pass from Domi and just missed the net. I think Virtanen has been moved up to the 3rd line already

From what I see he has had 1 shift so far

his 2nd shift 11 minutes into the 1st.

Edited by ShakyWalton