avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

1 hour ago, canuckistani said:

I didnt mean just draft protection. I meant in the team. If Boeser+ Kakko or someone other than Virtanen locks down the RW slot in the top six, Virtanen either *has* to make it stick as a LW or he'll likely be traded for a dude who is more of a fit in the bottom-six/defense. 

If Virtanen keeps improving like he has, i don't think that will be a problem. You may refuse to see his improvement, but it's there.

Edited by The Lock

42 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If Virtanen keeps improving like he has, i don't think that will be a problem. You may refuse to see his improvement, but it's there.

i see his improvement, but until it is sustained over a season and half or two, i have no reason to differentiate it from 'streak of good luck,good form,etc' as can also be the case. 

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Vancouver is not going to trade Virtanen anytime soon, and would be crazy to

As of now, thats true. But that can easily change with the right offer or right drafting, etc. Unlike Boeser, Petey & Bo, he is not part of the 'untouchable' core. 

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

A problem many have is that they simply equate "best player" with most points.  In large part yes, the better scorers are better players, but it's not a linear scale.  If it were wholly true, then drafting would be a breeze -- just sort-by-points.  Many call McDavid "the best player in the world".  Sure he's the best points-producer, but is he really the best overall player?  Far bigger debate there, akin to a similar one that took place a number of years ago between Crosby and Toews.  Is Goldobin the 3rd-best player (forward) on the Canucks?

Uhm, yes. His only real fault is being drafted into one of the most pathetic franchises in recent years, and this is coming from someone who's tired of the endless McDavid praise. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Uhm, yes. His only real fault is being drafted into one of the most pathetic franchises in recent years, and this is coming from someone who's tired of the endless McDavid praise. 

The players vote for 

Conner as the best.  IMO that makes him the best.  Who know better than the players?  The Oilers stink though.

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5473048

6 hours ago, canuckistani said:

As of now, thats true. But that can easily change with the right offer or right drafting, etc. Unlike Boeser, Petey & Bo, he is not part of the 'untouchable' core. 

nobody is untouchable, not even EP40, BB6, or BH53. 

they're all tradeable, just a matter of the "right" offer being made. 

with that being said, Virtanen is a valuable piece to the team. He may not be a player of EP40's calibre, or even BH53's calibre, but he's a solid contributer on the team already, at 22. I see Virtanen continuing to improve, and becoming a 40-45 point player, who's physical and difficult to play against. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

with that being said, Virtanen is a valuable piece to the team. He may not be a player of EP40's calibre, or even BH53's calibre, but he's a solid contributer on the team already, at 22. I see Virtanen continuing to improve, and becoming a 40-45 point player, who's physical and difficult to play against. 

Yea...ok einstein HAHAHAHAH.  Yea...EP is untouchable. But if you dont get that you dont get anything.   :picard:

18 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If EP gets traded, I'm going to throw my hands up in the air then put away all my Canucks stuff and start to pull out team stuff for whichever team Petey goes to.

53 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yea...ok einstein HAHAHAHAH.  Yea...EP is untouchable. But if you dont get that you dont get anything.   :picard:

I mean, if Edmonton offers McDavid, Draisaitl, (both at 50% retained) and five 1st round picks for Petey and Eriksson with no retained salary...you take it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

If Gretzky can be traded.....

get lost kiddo. 

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, canuckistani said:

LOL. Next time come with something less subjective than your opinion

Yes, bringing opinions to an on-line chat forum seems the wrong thing to do for sure.   :rolleyes:

You are indeed hilarious.   Do you copyright your material or is it open source for all comedians?   :lol:

A bunch of people say they have you on ignore - they are missing comedic gold.   Just want you to know some of us really appreciate the effort you go to with your material.   Keep up the good work!   :)

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, bringing opinions to an on-line chat forum seems the wrong thing to do for sure.   :rolleyes:

Says not to bring subjective opinions.

His entire argument is his subjective opinion. 

:lol:

• Thanks 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Exactly - he is a comedic genius!    I find this stuff entertaining and to think he provides it a no charge to us when he is clearly a professional comedic writer!   Win-win I say.  :)

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

His hockey opinions are suspect, but his use of his thesaurus is ubiquitous and almost ( not quite ) impressive. He's kind of like one of those 'word of the day' calendars that used to be popular.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Seems like half the people quoting me are high-school drop-outs. Oh well, given its Canada, not surprised. Nobody said anything about presenting opinions in an online forum. But trying to pass off subjective opinions as objective only shows a lack of basic education. 

You are indeed hilarious.   Do you copyright your material or is it open source for all comedians?   :lol:

A bunch of people say they have you on ignore - they are missing comedic gold.   Just want you to know some of us really appreciate the effort you go to with your material.   Keep up the good work!   :)

Likewise, mate !

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I mean, if Edmonton offers McDavid, Draisaitl, (both at 50% retained) and five 1st round picks for Petey and Eriksson with no retained salary...you take it.

I don't know.  I really think that the Oilers would need to throw in a Bouchard as well for me to bite.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Seems like half the people quoting me are high-school drop-outs. Oh well, given its Canada, not surprised.

Now anyone who finds your rants less than compelling is a high school drop-out.   Hmmm.

Oh, and for those of us not in Canada, are we equally unable to grasp the brilliance of your intelligence?   :lol:

Seriously, I hope you record these.   Comedic gold!   

tenor.gif

• Hydration 1

Now anyone who finds your rants less than compelling is a high school drop-out.   Hmmm.

No, only those who try to peddle their subjective benchmarks as objective ones.