The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

On 7/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, 18W-40C-6W said:

I think Jake doesn’t realize how powerful he is yet that’s the issue. When you can consistently level guys, you don’t need to be mean, it’s actually just becomes fun doing it. I played football and loved hitting but it wasn’t anger that made me enjoy a big hit, it was legitimately just the fun of leveling and guy and knowing he was intimidated. The idea that you have to be some mean ogre to be physical is actually false. What he’ll learn from Ferland is that hitting is “one of your tools” to help the team win and create space. Not that you have to by hyped up on AC/DC before every game and want to kill someone. The guys who want to kill people, guys with tempers are usually the dirty guys. 

Nothing against U2, but they should play AC/DC tunes as the Canucks entrance song.  Hell's bells.

Elton John's Saturday Night alright for fighting on Saturday games. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Nothing against U2, but they should play AC/DC tunes as the Canucks entrance song.  Hell's bells.

Elton John's Saturday Night alright for fighting on Saturday games. 

I’d leave our the Elton John and go with hard rock 

Hell’s Bells

Welcome to the Jungle

Rock you like a hurricane 

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

I’d leave our the Elton John and go with hard rock 

Hell’s Bells

Welcome to the Jungle

Rock you like a hurricane 

Uh, those are not "hard rock" songs.   If it is on the radio, it is "pop".   A great song for the Canucks to enter the game with would be some tamer metal...such as one of;

• Hydration 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

JV likely gets 20g 10a around 35pts next season. 

He's only 22 and starting to come around. Another 2 seasons hell be exactly where we want him to be. 25 goal guy and start to be more confident driving the net. 

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He's only 22 and starting to come around. Another 2 seasons hell be exactly where we want him to be. 25 goal guy and start to be more confident driving the net. 

I think he can get 30-35 points this coming season as well. Anything more than that, and it's bonus and gravy! 

He's progressing steadily every season. He's not progressing huge, but steady is better than stagnant. I'll take it - guess that's development eh. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think he can get 30-35 points this coming season as well. Anything more than that, and it's bonus and gravy! 

He's progressing steadily every season. He's not progressing huge, but steady is better than stagnant. I'll take it - guess that's development eh. 

36 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Virtanen was on a 30-point pace last year. My hope for him is that he can push to a 35-point pace this year.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Uh, those are not "hard rock" songs.   If it is on the radio, it is "pop".   A great song for the Canucks to enter the game with would be some tamer metal...such as one of;

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Virtanen was on a 30-point pace last year. My hope for him is that he can push to a 35-point pace this year.

He was on a 30 point pace until his injury

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

So easy for some to criticize JV but when you take a step back and remember when you were 22 years old... it's not his fault that he was slightly rushed into the NHL and needs a bit more time to reach his potential.

I'm still a big fan of his hits and takeaways regardless of his scoring totals. I think we will be shot gunning more often next season

• Upvote 3
56 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Every year Jake has improved except for his fat Jake year.  I am a fan of Jake's and still think he will have multiple 20+ goal seasons ahead of him.  Everyone is unique and each player develops at a different rate.  I have to say I don't think about when he was drafted any more.  I am thinking he will be a good middle 6 winger.that will always leave something on the table at contract time because he loves it here.

How many sure goals did Jake put off posts or have the puck roll off his stick. He could have easily scored 20 last year. He should have a solid season this coming year. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Middle six guys, who are 215 lbs, skate super fast, are defensively responsible, hit like freight trains, score 15-20 goals, and take less that 2 million on the cap are super valuable.  Jake is not getting traded unless the return is really good.  

It's (lit & fig) bang for buck, ain't it?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/16/2019 at 12:54 PM, Alflives said:

Middle six guys, who are 215 lbs, skate super fast, are defensively responsible, hit like freight trains, score 15-20 goals, and take less that 2 million on the cap are super valuable.  Jake is not getting traded unless the return is really good.  

If Jake hits 20 goals on the third line with Sutter as his centreman, he's better than most of us thought!!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1