The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Tired of the Jake drama

With the tough guys we signed and Jake apparently not being excited and prepped, says alot

Yes, he was a 6th pick, not everyone turns out (Pouliot- 8th) sometimes you have to just move on, instead of a player believing there is a spot on the team no matter what

I am sure they will make the right decision what to do, this team does not need more drama with underperforming or unconditioned or non commital players

We have depth and need players who want to be here and make a difference, rather than good paydays

Edited by ba;;isticsports

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Jake just physically not able to reach those goals, or is he not committed to reaching those goals.  If it's a weight goal, that on Jake.  However, if it's an aerobic goal, maybe Jake just can't physically reach that goal?  I'm really not sure which reason is the why he's not getting to the goals set?  If it's a physical limitation, then he's not got what it takes, just like none of us.  If it's a commitment issue then he can be rehabilitated, and still be a good play, but he's got commitment issues.  Ugh.  

Thanks Alf.

At least you aren't just making stuff up like that other poster about Jake. We don't exactly know yet.

• Upvote 1

Jake has got to get his butt in gear. It's one thing to not have the physical tools, to not have the talent, or not have the hockey IQ to be an impact player in the NHL. It's another thing to not put the effort in. If this were the first time that something like this had come up it would be one thing, but this is becoming a bit of a theme now, and when you're being paid millions of dollars at the highest level in the world, you need to be willing and able to put the time and effort into at least showing up in shape.

Bit of a concern hearing this about Jake. He had a very long off season to prepare. He shouldn't just be tyring to reach those goals, he should be trying to surpass them. Still seems like he's not taking this seriously enough when away from the ice. It's clear he wants it when he's here, but he needs to be more focused and determined away from the ice is what I'm gathering

• Upvote 1

Come on guys... let's go easy on him... How about we just wish him the best and hope this is a wake up call? 

His interview on the radio seemed ok, he owned up to it and said he wasn't that far off from the goals that were set for him. He's not pouting either, I like his character. He's certainly matured. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This was the camp forJake to come in in fantastic shape, set the tone and prove he's part of this core. He should be leading the way in a bag skate, not one of the last guys. I'm so very tired of everybody holding his hand, he has the physical tools to be the benchmark at camp every year but has no drive. I expected more, obviously the coach expected more. I think he's in for a rude awakening, this is not the camp to take lightly. 

• Upvote 1