The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

It doesn't seem like Green is worried and if he was you would have seen it.  Travis doesn't want people to read into it so for now its wait and see.  He sound like he is facing it head on so I will trust Greener on this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

So hockey commentator says Jake is in 3rd group of skaters and anon poster says "omg he is fat again" based on that simple statement is connecting non existent dots.

Did Jake come in to camp a few years ago with extra weight? Yes.  Was he fat then?  No.

So what are these existing dots you refer to? Seriously, because I am interested in knowing.

Seriously? You literally just lined those dots up in a tidy, accurate row yourself.

Edited by nzan
  • Wat 1

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/virtanen-not-overthinking-day-1-group-assignment~1779362

I do like his interview after. Just trying to move past day 1 & not dwell on it. Says his goal is to score 20+ goals this year. 

great interview. seems like his heads in the right place

everyone needs to chiiiiillllllllllll

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Disappointed to hear this for sure.  He had one job.  My guess is that it's aerobic anaerobic capacity rather than weight.  Hopefully he wasn't far off as he said.  I'm sure part of it is Travis sending a message that Jake needed to understand, better now than once regular season starts.  With the number of players in training camp, Jake needs to understand that he's not one of the players guaranteed a roster spot and he'd better earn it.  He's also not doing himself any favours given it's a contract year.  

I hope the message has been received.  I'm not swayed by what he says, he talks a good story but he doesn't always seem to "walk the talk" all that well.  He may find himself in the press box if he didn't receive the message today.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/virtanen-not-overthinking-day-1-group-assignment~1779362

I do like his interview after. Just trying to move past day 1 & not dwell on it. Says his goal is to score 20+ goals this year. 

Absolutely love it. Way to man up Jake. 

I hope he gets that 20+ 

• Upvote 4

Jake always talks a good game, but I've always had the impression he's just saying what he believes people want to hear. He's kinda flakey that way. Been like this since junior.

I thought he started making strides with his game last season, but man that inconsistency will end up being his ticket to the minors. It's frustrating as a fan to always hear him say the right things, yet his actions always betray him. Can only imagine how frustrated the coaching staff is, especially with the hands on babying he gets throughout the season and offseason.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1