The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

He was a great presence on the Swedish powerplay and 4-on-4, but he was quite lackluster at 5-on-5. I wouldn't go as far as saying he was "invisible" the entire game but he was a little underwhelming at 5-on-5.

EDIT: I'm talking about the CAN vs SWE game of course.

Just think the post itself is a typical CDC-post. Gotta throw your guy's rival under the bus to raise your own guy to the sky. Personally, i wasn't a big fan of the Virtanen pick. That being said, i hope he succeeds and that Benning proves me wrong with the pick. I like the type of game that Virtanen plays, and he seems like a great guy off the ice too. But really, Nylander has been far more impressive this season than Virtanen. Surgery or not. But Virtanen obviously has some strenghts that Nylander doesn't have.

Edited by Hedman
  • Upvote 1

I would try and describe it but it wouldn't do it any justice.

Heard from someone he power-moved his way past a defenseman and roofed the puck from right in front of the net. Salivating over here. Must... see... it...

Just think the post itself is a typical CDC-post. Gotta throw your guy's rival under the bus to raise your own guy to the sky. Personally, i wasn't a big fan of the Virtanen pick. That being said, i hope he succeeds and that Benning proves me wrong with the pick. I like the type of game that Virtanen plays, and he seems like a great guy off the ice too. But really, Nylander has been far more impressive this season than Virtanen. Surgery or not. But Virtanen obviously has some strenghts that Nylander doesn't have.

Yeah, I can't really argue with your first point. Both players are doing well for themselves but one of them has to suck or something. At least it often seems that way around here.

Bob Mackenzie had some good things to say about Virtanen in the intermission. Always like it when I hear BOb praise our players. He's one the few opinions I actually pay attention to.

Agreed. Gotta respect McKenzie's input, and anytime it's about the Canucks and it's positive... Well, that makes me feel warm inside.

Heard from someone he power-moved his way past a defenseman and roofed the puck from right in front of the net. Salivating over here. Must... see... it...

Yeah, I can't really argue with your first point. Both players are doing well for themselves but one of them has to suck or something. At least it often seems that way around here.

Agreed. Gotta respect McKenzie's input, and anytime it's about the Canucks and it's positive... Well, that makes me feel warm inside.

Put the puck between the d-mans legs too

A couple of inches and around 40 lbs is the deciding factor. I was happy with the pick simply because I've been a fan for decades and I've seen many skilled smaller forwards come and go. We need size and skill not just skill. We've gone down that road before.

• Upvote 1

A couple of inches and around 40 lbs is the deciding factor. I was happy with the pick simply because I've been a fan for decades and I've seen many skilled smaller forwards come and go. We need size and skill not just skill. We've gone down that road before.

Well we also lack that 1st line center guy when Henrik is done. Nylander have the potential to be that guy. And he's not that small either tbh. Not even close to Chase De Leo as someone suggested lol.

EDIT: It was DeAngelo. He's not smaller than DeAngelo though.

Edited by Hedman