The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

21 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Actually, calling someone silly when they are being logical would indeed be silly. Calling someone silly when they say something silly, like for example they are complaining that Jake should draw more penalties after a game where he drew more penalties than the entire rest of his team combined, is just being accurate. But I guess this concept is a bit complicated for you.

definitely way to complicated for a simpleton like me :bigblush:

Silly me

Jake has improved since he first played with the Canucks. Each year he gets a little bit better, and closer to the player he will become. Forget who he was taken before of after back in 2014, it doesn't matter. When I wtch Jake play, he gets under opponents' skin. I see it after quite a efw whistles when he's on the ice. Opponents start to chirp him and he chirps back, and sometimes there's a scrum. If he can frustrate the opponent and lay out some hard hits and make a few plays every game, then I think he's doing just fine. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

definitely way to complicated for a simpleton like me :bigblush:

Silly me

Evidently. It's good to be aware of your limitations. 

Interesting that you know how to spell simpleton, but apparently don't know the difference between "to" and "too". One would almost think that you are on this site specifically to troll the Canucks fans.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Interesting that you know how to spell simpleton, but apparently don't know the difference between "to" and "too". One would almost think that you are on this site specifically to troll the Canucks fans.

I've been noticing more and more of the cute little cave dwellers infesting our Canuck's site.  

#Loser Leafs will not make the playoffs.  

22 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lol... I hope they make the playoffs... and get swept in the 1st round that way they have no shot at a lottery pickB)

That would be too good for them. Better they trade away their first round pick for immediate help, then collapse and miss the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lol... I hope they make the playoffs... and get swept in the 1st round that way they have no shot at a lottery pickB)

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

That would be too good for them. Better they trade away their first round pick for immediate help, then collapse and miss the playoffs.

didn't the Loser Leafs already trade away their 2020 and 2021 first round picks anyway?  Too funny.  It would be so awesome to see them miss this year and next, and have other teams take their picks!!!!  

#LoserLeafs.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Thank you for your English lesson. And you consider your self a canucks fan?  you seem like a condescending ahole to me, but hey that's just my Silly opinion

I had to ask your mom how to spell Simpleton

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Another fight turned down by Virtanen.  I don't care who you are if you're that afraid of confrontation you can jog on.  We need winners, I'm sick of watching us babysit this kid.  I'm questioning if he even has to tie his own skates anymore

Are you talking about Jake and Svechnikov?  The linesman had them both tied up and he couldn't throw a punch.

10 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Hey Buddy

I would never imply what management wants from him because i don't have a crystal ball 

My opinion, like my arshole, is mine. Jake has been invisible 

Buddy

This post lasted about 10 minutes before it was irrelevant haha......good job!!  :frantic:

• Haha 2

Horvat is camping infront of the net as a matter of course now. If Virtanen can get his heavy shot on net Bo should be able to clean up. The size of that line improves their board battle/puck recovery. Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen might not stay together but I am liking it right now. Virtanen has a lot of role models he can pattern his game after on this roster. If he had scored on the one that hit the post the CDC would be hopping.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I just tried to shotgun a 500 ml can of Guinness and it was a disaster again.  Twice is enough so no more 500 ml. cans. :sick:

Might want to switch to something lighter for shotgunning too. A lager, pilsner etc...

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

You are the new aged hockey fan and the mentality sickens me as a fan of the old rough and tough style of my favorite sport.  "Self control".  How about man up and stick up for yourself once in awhile, especially if you're gonna act like a tough guy when the refs get in the middle.

And what clean hit?  Jake pushed someone from behind in to the boards..it wasn't vicious but it wasn't  clean either.

He challenged him again later on and jake refused.   

Yeah that was bad, he needed to step up.  That lack of stoppage of play almost led to a 3-0 goal too. But lucky for him everything worked out in the end.