The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

15 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Virt is one of top 2 way forwards on the club.

He will be a HUGE part of our club the next few years.

Lethal combo of speed and size.     He is one of the few forwards that can get in on the forecheck and do some damage.

Ummm.... Jake is the worst defensive forward on the team.  He is not in any realm of reality a two-way forward but any objective metric.

He DOES bring more offence to our bottom 6, but we sacrifice significantly on the defensive side with him in that spot.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ummm.... Jake is the worst defensive forward on the team.  He is not in any realm of reality a two-way forward but any objective metric.

He DOES bring more offence to our bottom 6, but we sacrifice significantly on the defensive side with him in that spot.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

The guy who leads the team with takeaways is the worst defensive forward on the team.

Ok bud.

d27.png.7dc034bf912154c615a231dd5a26c8a7.png

Stop digging yourself into a hole kid. 

Do I mention how many hits he gets a season or should I just let you marinate in your fantasy world. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

The guy who leads the team with takeaways is the worst defensive forward on the team.

Ok bud.

Stop digging yourself into a hole kid. 

Do I mention how many hits he gets a season or should I just let you marinate in your fantasy world. 

The player who lead the team in takeaways is definitely a great defensive forward.
:bigblush:
Of course that is J.T. Miller since he led the team in takeaways by a long shot.  He also had a great differential in 14 more takeaways than giveaways.   As well as having a great Corsi For% (which means he wasn't just getting takeaways because his team never had the puck when he was on the ice and were always chasing).

Maybe spending 5 seconds actually looking up the stats before pressing submit on objectively false posts would be helpful?  That has to be embarassing to try to troll someone and end up having it clear that you are outright lying and inventing stuff in your head. 

You cherry picked a single subjective stat and even managed to get it wrong!  Hahahahahahaha

I mean coaches always have the best defensive forwards play zero short handed time and start them mostly in the offensive zone right?  The guy that is 18th on the team in defensive zone starts is the 2 way trusted defensive forward?  The guy tied for 21st best +/- on the team while getting protected offensive zone time is clearly an amazing defensive forward!

Edited by Provost
  • Like 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

The player who lead the team in takeaways is definitely a great defensive forward.
Of course that is J.T. Miller since he led the team in takeaways by a long shot.  He also had a great differential in 14 more takeaways than giveaways.   As well as having a great Corsi For% (which means he wasn't just getting takeaways because his team never had the puck when he was on the ice and were always chasing).

Maybe spending 5 seconds actually looking up the stats before pressing submit on objectively false posts would be helpful?  That has to be embarassing to try to troll someone and end up having it clear that you are outright lying and inventing stuff in your head. 

You cherry picked a single subjective stat and even managed to get it wrong!  Hahahahahahaha

I mean coaches always have the best defensive forwards play zero short handed time and start them mostly in the offensive zone right?  The guy that is 18th on the team in defensive zone starts is the 2 way trusted defensive forward?  The guy tied for 21st best +/- on the team while getting protected offensive zone time is clearly an amazing defensive forward!

Miller - 52tk/20.06toi=2.59

Virtanen - 37tk/13.05toi=2.83

Your comment said there isn't a single stat that shows he is good defensively. Boy you keep digging that hole deeper don't you. 

You: He is not in any realm of reality a two-way forward but any objective metric.

Also you: You cherry picked a single subjective stat

You after being proven wrong: (flys off the handle and writes an essay)

Someones salty that I annhialated their wrong perspective.

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Wat 1

19 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Miller - 52tk/20.06toi=2.59

Virtanen - 37tk/13.05toi=2.83

Your comment said there isn't a single stat that shows he is good defensively. Boy you keep digging that hole deeper don't you. 

You: He is not in any realm of reality a two-way forward but any objective metric.

Also you: You cherry picked a single subjective stat

You after being proven wrong: (flys off the handle and writes an essay)

Someones salty that I annhialated their wrong perspective.

Just going to fly by the fact you were lying and are lying yet again? ... the guy above is right, just some sort of troll based on the sum total vacuum of actual content in your posts.  He is wrong though in trying to decide if you were just a troll or are "an insufferable prick and also kinda dumb".

You can clearly be both as you have so well illustrated so far.  Heck I am starting to really believe that you are actually Jake himself because of the aforementioned attributes and since your sole focus on the forum is to pump his tires

Edited by Provost
  • Wat 1

56 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

Takeaways are part of defense but there is a lot more to defense than takeaways. Jake's speed and size help a ton with takeaways and it is one of his strengths. With that said, he is prone to boneheaded plays and has a knack for flybys and losing his check at the point.

Side note, but I've been watching you post in a few different spots over the last few days and I honestly can't tell if you're a troll. If you're not, then you're quite the insufferable prick and also kinda dumb. Either way I can't wait until you get bored and leave.

I'll probably get a strike for that but it's worth it. #noragrets

image.jpg

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, wloutet said:

Spoken like someone who has not really played a team sport at a high level. The team captain, and the coaches have ways to get their ideas across without doing what you are suggesting. A team has to run with all players on the same side, not with divisions or name calling or being the tough guy with your own teammate.

You  have me nailed. I played organized sports til I was about 10,

So tell me, where does swearing at your team mate for the whole world to hear rate in your opinion?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Takeaways are part of defense but there is a lot more to defense than takeaways. Jake's speed and size help a ton with takeaways and it is one of his strengths. With that said, he is prone to boneheaded plays and has a knack for flybys and losing his check at the point.

Side note, but I've been watching you post in a few different spots over the last few days and I honestly can't tell if you're a troll. If you're not, then you're quite the insufferable prick and also kinda dumb. Either way I can't wait until you get bored and leave.

You:

im-not-stalking-meme.jpg.b73bc384ceec12cf67151fa230a59637.jpg

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

You:

im-not-stalking-meme.jpg.b73bc384ceec12cf67151fa230a59637.jpg

jizzle, I have one of those too.

Kinda makes you feel special dont it

buddy gives me wonkie face so often, I am beginning to think they is trying to flirt with me.

Edited by lmm
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lmm said:

jizzle, I have one of those too.

Kinda makes you feel special dont it

buddy gives me wonkie face so often, I am beginning to think they is trying to flirt with me.

My bet is our stalkers are Megna and Chaput.

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Provost said:

You think Schaller was better? You think Boeser is better defensively, ok maybe but not till this season.

4 hours ago, Yung1 said:

I like him, he's standing up to the hockey Karens for a BC born and raised player. You're no Carl Yung yourself.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

5 hours ago, Provost said:

Talk about cherry picking, points out Miller has more, he also had double the ice time and is a vet. Green tried to play Virtanen on the 4rth line all year till it was obvious to everyone that Virtanen gave them a way better chance to win rather than playing Schaller or Erickson ahead of him. Virtanen played his way into the lineup because he's effective. He makes mistakes but so does Edler, he shoots the puck into the defenders shin pads every time and he's still one of their most effective d-men.

Schaller couldn't even crack LA's lineup and Green thought he was superstar. Seen Schaller serve up some absolute tripe defensively. If Virtanen did it, there would still be belly aching about it,

• Cheers 2

On 7/21/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tre Mac said:

A. Calm down

B. How is this on Green?  No one wants to see Virtanen succeed more than Green, he has by far spent more time with JV than any other player.

C. Driving with gear on was a non-issue, the club was dumb - I didn't see the hit but if Horvat took issue with it that's not a good sign, as is him missing practice.  

D. See A.

Wait a minute, when did Virtanen miss practise? Are you referring to the time he didn't show up to the media scrum after Mr.Universe publicly shamed him for not meeting his mysterious offseason goals. If Green can't tell us what those goals were, who cares.

• Thanks 1