The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 hour ago, stawns said:

there's zero evidence to make us believe that Virtanen won't continue his consistent trend upward.  On top of points, he hits, forechecks, takes pucks away more than he gives them away and makes the most of the mins he gets.  He's a very well rounded player, imo.

You never quit do you? Do you have a poster of Jake on your wall? There is also zero evidence to make us believe that he will stop acting like an entitled adolescent goof. Well Rounded?......Well there’s a joke there....But I think I’ll resist.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

First off, this topic is FULL of Jake hate. If you can't see that, you are purposely not reading half the posts on here.

Not sure why people are getting so defensive of the morons who couldn't handle a result they didn't like. It did happen. I for one don't want it to happen again because it's something we as Canucks fans have to now live with for the rest of time. Any fan of any other team can hold it over us because it happened and it was pathetic. When I read people losing their marbles over how much they hate Jake, I can only imagine this mindset is what led to that debacle:

Either quote the posts/posters that you think exhibit hatred towards any player otherwise shut your yap. No one here as far as I know was rioting so the riot had literally nothing to do with the rest of us. There is no such thing as "guilt by association", anyone who believes in it is either a moron or just being an a-hole. Either way their opinion is not important and I am not sure why any Canucks fan would repeatedly throw that in our face, which just makes me believe that you aren't really a fan and just another dull troll.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

You never quit do you? Do you have a poster of Jake on your wall? There is also zero evidence to make us believe that he will stop acting like an entitled adolescent goof. Well Rounded?......Well there’s a joke there....But I think I’ll resist.

No, it's posters like you who never quit. 

If you're a real Canuck fan, why don't you support and encourage our guys instead of continually looking to tear down players. There's a few of you who do this. Are you really a Canuck fan? 

Jake isn't perfect, but I would take him over the boys you probably wished the Canucks drafted. 

One other thing, I sure hope you're as perfect in your own life to justify your constant criticism of Jake and other players on our team. 

5 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

Well, I for one can’t stand the guy (nothing to do with hockey) and I know others who feel the same. There’s something about him that really rubs some of us the wrong way. I realize I am setting myself up for abuse from at least one of his legion of devotees.

I'm curious, do you know Jake personally? 

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

Do you have an issue discussing Jake Virtanen in the Jake Virtanen discussion thread?  

beauty and the beast gaston GIF

18 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I'm even more curious how you think this is applicable? So are you saying, if he knew Jake, he is just supporting a friend? Is it how this works? 

Not at all. I’m just curious why he says “he can’t stand Jake and It has nothing to do with hockey”. 

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

No, it's posters like you who never quit. 

If you're a real Canuck fan, why don't you support and encourage our guys instead of continually looking to tear down players. There's a few of you who do this. Are you really a Canuck fan? 

Jake isn't perfect, but I would take him over the boys you probably wished the Canucks drafted. 

One other thing, I sure hope you're as perfect in your own life to justify your constant criticism of Jake and other players on our team. 

He is the only player on this team that I have criticized. Get your facts straight.

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do you have an issue discussing Jake Virtanen in the Jake Virtanen discussion thread?  

beauty and the beast gaston GIF

I am discussing him in his thread. I just have a different opinion of him than you do. I have never criticized his potential. I just find him very juvenile and frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

I am discussing him in his thread. I just have a different opinion of him than you do. I have never criticized his potential. I just find him very juvenile and frustrating.

28 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

He is the only player on this team that I have criticized. Get your facts straight.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

Jake will get his chance.

I've believed in the guy since we drafted him, but if he's not ready to play then I'm glad he's getting the seat.

Be ready for your opportunity Tuna because you have so much potential to do damage in the playoffs.

We all want to see it.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

His act? Are you talking about Jake the hockey player or what you see of him on social media?

Social media predominantly. Although, I also sense a lack of dedication to his craft. It’s really a shame......He has lot of natural ability.

4 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Social media predominantly. Although, I also sense a lack of dedication to his craft. It’s really a shame......He has lot of natural ability.

Fair enough, we are all entitled to an opinion. Seems a little over the top to say "you cant stand the guy" based just on that though. Passion for the team sometimes makes us all a little unreasonable but it's worth keeping things in perspective. 

11 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Fair enough, we are all entitled to an opinion. Seems a little over the top to say "you cant stand the guy" based just on that though. Passion for the team sometimes makes us all a little unreasonable but it's worth keeping things in perspective. 

Sorry, but that’s how I feel. He is just not a fit on my preferred team.

3 hours ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Not at all. I’m just curious why he says “he can’t stand Jake and It has nothing to do with hockey”. 

Sorry..I thought he was the supporters..didn't read his original message of hating Jake..haha.my bad.

But everyone has their own opinion on what they base it from. Some people base it from  his personality through media, some people base it on his looks, some people base it on his improving stats.