The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

You are boring

relax man, I'm here to add some diversity in perspective and opinion to this forum, like you are also bringing

I did not come here to share my opinion, and read others opinion, can get messy most of the time but when two people are arguing they are not trying to convince each other.

Plus is it not boring when you come here and you only see this post stating everything that is good in him and there are but no contradictions against him.

Well, yeah, Nazzy's a lefty, i'm pretty sure he'd miss that 5/5 times ;)

But please, Naslund had the best wrister in the entire NHL at his prime. Will Virtanen? I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but probably not.

no, that honor belonged to Sakic. Naslund was a very close second though.

relax man, I'm here to add some diversity in perspective and opinion to this forum, like you are also bringing, and I Shall Call A Piece Of Sh*t for that one.

I did not come here to share my opinion, and read others opinion, can get messy most of the time but when two people are arguing they are not trying to convince each other.

Plus is it not boring when you come here and you only see this post stating everything that is good in him and there are but no contradictions against him.

You think you are a troll God.

• Upvote 2

I think we're pretty much set on LW for the future with Jake and Hunter, just need that elusive top line RW and future top D man then we're good to go.

Edit: Can Virtanen play RW too? Or do I have his position completely mixed up?

Edited by Pears

I think we're pretty much set on LW for the future with Jake and Hunter, just need that elusive top line RW and a and a future top D man then we're good to go.

I think I've had this conversation before but I'll reiterate. I think that he will be a full time RW in the pros. He has already made the switch with the Hitmen, playing exclusively as a RW. I don't know how much sense it makes to then move him back to his off-wing when he moves into the professional ranks, after consecutive years of development on the right side. He has experience on the LW so he will be able to take that spot if necessary. But, again, I think he will be an every day RWer. That gives us RW depth of Virtanen, Jensen, Kassian, and Vey as potential top-6. The only pure LW potential top-6 is Shinkaruk. If centres (McCann, Gaunce) move to the left wing, then our centre depth gets depleted and we all know how important that is to rectify.

Will the people that blow Nylander and Ehlers finally shut up now.

:picard:

Did you see Nylander's go ahead goal or Ehler's slapper? Why even bring them up when they had equally good games?

Quit trolling, it's a Virtanen thread.

Naslund might have missed that 4 times out of 5.

Awesome hands...that behind the back pass would have been buried by anyone on the top 3 lines...

We can all agree it's a very tough shot, but then again my favourite goal I ever scored was very similar (rebound off the end boards). The biggest differences were I was deeper and had to reach back across the goal line and then shoot it, but then even with a split second longer to control it the goalie was already hugging the post so I had to put it over his shoulder into the top corner.

It might have been minor hockey (my Bantam year I think) rather than the world juniors but it's still proof that even a grinder like me can score a highlight reel goal from a difficult angle with limited reaction time. I'll take that from Virts though, even if he does miss the next 4 like it.

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 3

:picard:

Did you see Nylander's go ahead goal or Ehler's slapper? Why even bring them up when they had equally good games?

Quit trolling, it's a Virtanen thread.

We can all agree it's a very tough shot, but then again my favourite goal I ever scored was very similar (rebound off the end boards). The biggest differences were I was deeper and had to reach back across the goal line and then shoot it, but then even with a split second longer to control it the goalie was already hugging the post so I had to put it over his shoulder into the top corner.

It might have been minor hockey (my Bantam year I think) rather than the world juniors but it's still proof that even a grinder like me can score a highlight reel goal from a difficult angle with limited reaction time. I'll take that from Virts though, even if he does miss the next 4 like it.

Are you really comparing what you did in Bantam to what JV did on a world stage against the best players his age in the world?

I believe I have heard it all now folks.

Listen, the 11 goals I scored in a game when I was 7 must be that much better than only the 5 Gretzky ever scored in a game at the NHL level. I think I even missed on 9 shots.

• Upvote 3

No one else plays like Virtanen on team Canada, that's why I think he will be a great NHL player one day. If we were able to land Crouse this draft I would be stoked, but I doubt it.

His speed is literally ridiculous, fastest player out there, but without looking like he's trying to hard. Only gonna get better too.