avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

46 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Look out, Yung might start throwing homophobic insults at you for not trashing our own players. 

This guy is either expert level troll or legitimately dumb. Either way I'm impressed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

While putting up numbers is important, it's not all there is under the 'consistent, committed pro' heading. You know this.

He also didn't put those numbers up consistently through the season. Hot and cold.

Your projecting on Boeser.

How do you measure a player's effectiveness?  With 13 mins a game, almost 50% defensive zone starts, of course he's going to go through dry spells.  Put him in Boesers spit and he's a 55-60 point guy, at least

• Hydration 2

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

How do you measure a player's effectiveness?  With 13 mins a game, almost 50% defensive zone starts, of course he's going to go through dry spells.  Put him in Boesers spit and he's a 55-60 point guy, at least

I agree so many fans look at stats they don't take into consideration zone starts and when a guy only plays 13 mins per game I would say 14-18 goals is  very good.... I really like Jake but  he is inconsistent and we all know he should be a top 6 forward by now? I just don't know if jake will hit his potential here? 

Look at Zack MacEwen is improves very season and now passing Jake, this player is so motivated with great work ethic..

At the start of the year everyone was saying that if Jake could get 20g 18a he would have had a good season of improvement.  He basically does it and people are still bitching about him.  He has improved each year and this year particularly, his passing was better and his play along the boards was improved as well.  The kid will play and I think we will all will love what we see from him. B):towel:

• Hydration 1

30 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

This guy is either expert level troll or legitimately dumb. Either way I'm impressed.

You seem to be fixated on responding to and insulting me at every opportunity. Please feel free to leave me alone. 

Just now, Moose Nuckle said:

You seem to be fixated on responding to and insulting me at every opportunity. Please feel free to leave me alone. 

It's mainly because you've been an annoying lil thing the past week or so around here, insulting many people yourself, and i thought you should get a bit of your own medicine. hope you like the taste, big guy.

• Thanks 2

I think I'll reserve judgment on Jake's game until after the playoffs.  These games will be a significant measure of what to expect from him in the future.  Really hoping he shows he can play against the best players in the world, in the hardest played games.  C'mon Jake.  Nose to the grindstone.  Show us what you can do!

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, Yung1 said:

Recently joined and almost all his few posts are about Virtanen.

Probably a guy who got banned and has returned under another name, or a regular poster who created another account to act like a dip$&!# on.  He has added nothing useful to any conversation so far.  Just name calling and being generally unpleasant.

Edited by Provost
  • Hydration 3

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

Recently joined and almost all his few posts are about Virtanen.

Probably a guy who got banned and has returned under another name, or a regular poster who created another account to act like a dip$&!# on.  He has added nothing useful to any conversation so far.  Just name calling and being generally unpleasant.

You: calls me a name 

Also you: he just calls people names

Maybe you and your friend can insinuate my sexual preference some more, that was fun...

How you haven't been banned is beyond me. 3 personal attacks in as many days. 

Me: Disagrees with your opinion and shows you several stats disputing your thesis

You: He contributes nothing!

You: calls me a prick, dip**** and spends time creeping my profile, following my posts and bashing me

Also you: he's unpleasant!

eafd1fa508f573f4729ebac36c719c8a.jpg.fe5ae32404d6b5a2486f8330b82526b5.jpg

Edited by Moose Nuckle

9 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

You: calls me a name 

Also you: he just calls people names

Maybe you and your friend can insinuate my sexual preference some more, that was fun...

How you haven't been banned is beyond me. 3 personal attacks in as many days. 

love ya moosey

Hey Guys, if you keep talking to a fool, he won't stop.  Maybe we could return to talking about Jake. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Hey Guys, if you keep talking to a fool, he won't stop.  Maybe we could return to talking about Jake. B)

More name calling Haha wow. Classy group of people here. 

Me: gives an opinion that goes against the grain, backs it up with evidence and stats.

You: He's a fool!

2t3a5p.jpg.853ff66b8242ae7744e9f38123d123d4.jpg

Edited by Moose Nuckle

13 hours ago, stawns said:

That's my point.  People excuse Boeser's declining numbers, but chastise Virtanen's steady improvement.  

I sure hope there's better to come.

Yes, but that is MY point. Boeser has reasons which can excuse his numbers. Virtanen does not.

There will be better to come. Bank on it. I think we are going to see a very motivated team in a few days, and that includes Boeser.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Yes, but that is MY point. Boeser has reasons which can excuse his numbers. Virtanen does not.

There will be better to come. Bank on it. I think we are going to see a very motivated team in a few days, and that includes Boeser.

I can understand that perspective. From outside looking in, Boeser's stress is more legitimate but in the reality of how people work, stress is stress. 

Andrew Shaw's latest on spittin chiclets talking about Quenneville letting him make mistakes and putting him right back out there, that trust is what I think Green lacks and it negatively affects some players like Jake. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jake is immature and lacks certain professionalism. He will eventually mature and reach his potential. If Taylor Hall can mature I don't see why Jake can't. The problem is whether the Canucks can fit him under the cap while waiting for him to mature mentally. 

My personal preference is to trade Jake if he is asking for fair price this off season. If he wants to stay he better take a hometown discount. 

I dont understand why you would want to move Virtanen. Some of the “immaturity” during COVID has been overblown and over dramatized. He’s a lot closer to growing up than never changing. He’s trending upwards and not downwards. He’s young and still has plenty of good years ahead of him where he could potentially hit 35+ goals. Power forwards take several years to hit their stride. Hes 23 and is 4-5 years away from being at peak prime years. He hit career numbers this season, 18g and 18a 36pts. He was on pace for 21g 21- 42pts playing an average of 13:05 5v5 and :53 on the PP.

If we can make it through the play-in round and get a round or 2 in the play off rounds, Virtanen and the Canucks will benefit greatly. The following season could be the year he really begins to emerge as the PWF he was drafted to be.

35 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

I dont understand why you would want to move Virtanen. 

Because he has trade value to hopefully be part of a package to get the young right D we lack and we have depth at forward both now (Ferland, MacEwan), and coming (Lind, Podkolzin, Hoglander) that are any combination of more committed/mature, potentially more talented and cheaper.

Podkolzin alone likely shows up looking a lot like last year's Virtanen (with less maturity etc issues), at the ripe old age of 19-20.

He's also likely to price himself out of a 3rd line spot while having no guarantee to correct the maturity/consistency/commitment issues currently keeping him out of a regular top 6 spot.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1