Sign in to follow this  
avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

5 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

Well, I for one can’t stand the guy (nothing to do with hockey) and I know others who feel the same. There’s something about him that really rubs some of us the wrong way. I realize I am setting myself up for abuse from at least one of his legion of devotees.

I'm curious, do you know Jake personally? 

39 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I'm even more curious how you think this is applicable? So are you saying, if he knew Jake, he is just supporting a friend? Is it how this works? 

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

You never quit do you? Do you have a poster of Jake on your wall? There is also zero evidence to make us believe that he will stop acting like an entitled adolescent goof. Well Rounded?......Well there’s a joke there....But I think I’ll resist.

Do you have an issue discussing Jake Virtanen in the Jake Virtanen discussion thread?  

beauty and the beast gaston GIF

18 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I'm even more curious how you think this is applicable? So are you saying, if he knew Jake, he is just supporting a friend? Is it how this works? 

Not at all. I’m just curious why he says “he can’t stand Jake and It has nothing to do with hockey”. 

Only reason jake could be out is because ferland can do a better job if healthy. They have similar traits among them

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

No, it's posters like you who never quit. 

If you're a real Canuck fan, why don't you support and encourage our guys instead of continually looking to tear down players. There's a few of you who do this. Are you really a Canuck fan? 

Jake isn't perfect, but I would take him over the boys you probably wished the Canucks drafted. 

One other thing, I sure hope you're as perfect in your own life to justify your constant criticism of Jake and other players on our team. 

He is the only player on this team that I have criticized. Get your facts straight.

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

No, but I have observed his act and I don’t like it. 

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do you have an issue discussing Jake Virtanen in the Jake Virtanen discussion thread?  

beauty and the beast gaston GIF

I am discussing him in his thread. I just have a different opinion of him than you do. I have never criticized his potential. I just find him very juvenile and frustrating.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

I am discussing him in his thread. I just have a different opinion of him than you do. I have never criticized his potential. I just find him very juvenile and frustrating.

28 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

He is the only player on this team that I have criticized. Get your facts straight.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by stawns
  • Hydration 1

25 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

No, but I have observed his act and I don’t like it. 

His act? Are you talking about Jake the hockey player or what you see of him on social media?

Jake will get his chance.

I've believed in the guy since we drafted him, but if he's not ready to play then I'm glad he's getting the seat.

Be ready for your opportunity Tuna because you have so much potential to do damage in the playoffs.

We all want to see it.

• Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

His act? Are you talking about Jake the hockey player or what you see of him on social media?

Social media predominantly. Although, I also sense a lack of dedication to his craft. It’s really a shame......He has lot of natural ability.

4 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Social media predominantly. Although, I also sense a lack of dedication to his craft. It’s really a shame......He has lot of natural ability.

Fair enough, we are all entitled to an opinion. Seems a little over the top to say "you cant stand the guy" based just on that though. Passion for the team sometimes makes us all a little unreasonable but it's worth keeping things in perspective. 

11 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Fair enough, we are all entitled to an opinion. Seems a little over the top to say "you cant stand the guy" based just on that though. Passion for the team sometimes makes us all a little unreasonable but it's worth keeping things in perspective. 

Sorry, but that’s how I feel. He is just not a fit on my preferred team.

20 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Sorry, but that’s how I feel. He is just not a fit on my preferred team.

no need to apologize for that

3 hours ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Not at all. I’m just curious why he says “he can’t stand Jake and It has nothing to do with hockey”. 

Sorry..I thought he was the supporters..didn't read his original message of hating Jake..haha.my bad.

But everyone has their own opinion on what they base it from. Some people base it from  his personality through media, some people base it on his looks, some people base it on his improving stats.

3 hours ago, teepain said:

Only reason jake could be out is because ferland can do a better job if healthy. They have similar traits among them

Ferland is a LWer and Jake is a RWer. Not sure why they can't co-exist on the team. From the sounds of it MacEwen is the only real threat to Virtanen's spot in the lineup. Him and Eriksson I guess. Mr Little Things is all but guaranteed a spot in the lineup though. With Boeser and Toffoli that leaves Virtanen and Mac battling for that final spot. Miller, Pearson, Ferland, Roussel and Motte battling for the LW. Unless you are suggesting neither Mac or Virtanen make the starting roster. Which I'd be very mad if neither of them crack the final roster.

3 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

He has lot of natural ability.

So did Goldobin. That got us nowhere. Sometimes, the player just doesn't get it.

I hope he is left off the opening roster, and I hope it pisses him off. So much so that his inner child rage rises up with a big "I'll show you, Mr. Meany Greeny" and he goes on a Calgary-era Ferland-esque tear.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3

I think that we may see a line of, Ferland - Gauds - Virtanen.  A line with scoring and physicality.  I think it could be good for Jake to play with Ferland.  B) Go :canucks: Go!! 

PS - Looking forward to seeing the game tonight. B)

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3