avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

Just now, aGENT said:

Gaudette maybe. Love the kid, bright future.. but could not make a play.

Oh for sure. Invisible except for when he was losing faceoffs lol. 

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont know about the personal vendetta but he does need to be in the lineup over rousell imo.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Gaudette maybe. Love the kid, bright future.. but could not make a play.

I'd even consider Mace in for either those two - gotta switch that lineup up, way too many no-shows.  

With Jake...I think we all hope he can be the next Todd Bertuzzi (a dominant power forward).

But as time goes on, maybe he's more like David Booth and Shane O'Brien.  Good players but not superstars.

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I'd even consider Mace in for either those two - gotta switch that lineup up, way too many no-shows.  

Biggest problem was not getting to the net. That falls mostly on our top 6, not necessarily guys like Gaudette or Roussel (though they need to as well). Guys like Roussel, Ferland, Sutter, Beagle, Motte etc were doing it more than our top 6 but 1/2 of them lack the skill to be of much danger when they do. Their goalie had it far too easy.

All the back seat coaches etc are winning about not playing Virtanen, not changing up systems etc when the biggest (only?) Thing that needs to change is more will to break through MIN's brick wall of defense. This is big boy, playoff hockey. You pay the price or you go home.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Biggest problem was not getting to the net. That falls mostly on our top 6, not necessarily guys like Gaudette or Roussel (though they need to as well). Guys like Roussel, Ferland, Sutter, Beagle, Motte etc were doing it more than our top 6 but 1/2 of them lack the skill to be of much danger when they do. Their goalie had it far too easy.

All the back seat coaches etc are winning about not playing Virtanen, not changing up systems etc when the biggest (only?) Thing that needs to change is more will to break through MIN's brick wall of defense. This is big boy, playoff hockey. You pay the price or you go home.

We need to be more physical down low in our own end too. They had far too easy of a time retaining possession in the Canuck's zone while making our boys pay the price in theirs. 

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah he's really proving the world and Leipsic wrong with that witty hat.  Wonder if he thought of anymore catchy things to wear while he was sitting in the press box Sunday night.

May I suggest... #13th Forward?

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

This is great summary of why the 'Green has a personal vendetta' narrative is a load of crap :lol:

Yet there are people on CDC repeating it ad nauseum as though it's truth :lol:

Maybe, just maybe... Virtanen (his maturity/commitment) is the problem...

Several years ago I was channel surfing and noticed a show with the guy who played Chachi? on a show called Happy Days. It was when "reality tv" was trying different things. Any way, him and his childhood friend were still clubbing to pick up women. They were in their 40s and his buddy was a slimy character and was obviously riding Chachis coat-tails. I thought they were both pathetic and actually reminded me of people I know. That's the road Jake's going down right now. If his friends don't have his best interest in mind, he should distance himself from them until he and they grow up.

I considered that maybe he has an impulse control problem, but then that wouldn't account for him coming in out of shape.

Edited by RWMc1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

We got two iffy penalties early clearing our crease. They got away with pretty much the same things we got called for early in the game. I agree about battling for position but let's at least have an even playing field.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Oo that's a good one. I'm not sure what ball will drop first. I like virt and dont think he should be sitting when we arent scoring goals. However, hes had the same treatment from virtually all of his pro coaches lol.

If I am not mistaken Green is half of "all of his pro coaches". 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If I am not mistaken Green is half of "all of his pro coaches". 

True. But he got similar treatment from WD.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You could go back to his junior days in this thread, and people are questioning whether the coaching staff has a vendetta against him. A theory was even posited that one of the owners of the Hitmen was a minority stake holder on the Flames. Even you look back to the ice time he got in his draft +1 year, he was never very high up there. And this is the CHL where any half decent player gets spoon fed tons of ice time. 

Edited by Toews

2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

We got two iffy penalties early clearing our crease. They got away with pretty much the same things we got called for early in the game. I agree about battling for position but let's at least have an even playing field.

And on the Edler one, I posted stills of what led to that.  He took a stick slash then a X check from Donato...then tangled him up and, yes, tripped him.  But let it go if it's been a battle (which it was).  Don't wait until the end to assess one guy for competing for that space.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

And on the Edler one, I posted stills of what led to that.  He took a stick slash then a X check from Donato...then tangled him up and, yes, tripped him.  But let it go if it's been a battle (which it was).  Don't wait until the end to assess one guy for competing for that space.

He pivoted into Edlers stick once he felt it and flailed then flopped. I backed it up and watched it a few times and my biased eye test told me dive!!

• Vintage 1

If Jake does end up getting in hopefully we see some of this. Been a minute since I've seen these highlights

7 minutes ago, LeanBeef said:

If Jake does end up getting in hopefully we see some of this. Been a minute since I've seen these highlights

Jake is built for playoff hockey. If he can bring back the physicality without taking penalties he's gonna be a nice add to the lineup.

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Haha...willie D.

What a pathetic coach.  Looking back it is shocking how pathetic he really was.  1  2  3  4  1

Good god  :picard:

9 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Wow who'd expect that from the worst defensive fwd on the entire team!

:bigblush:

Jakey had a good game