The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Pettersson has looked like a shell of himself so far this season.

Every single team that plays the Canucks is going to key in on Petey - EVERY TEAM. 

Both Green and Petey himself need to deal with this somehow, and sooner rather than later.  Green needs to get a way to get the offense going if in fact Petey isn't going on any given night and Petey needs to understand and accept that he will be the singular attention of every team's defensive strategy and every team's best defensive forwards/defenceman night in, night out (he's likely already known this for some time).  By the looks of it last night the attention is already getting to him.  This isn't a criticism of Petey, I'm sure he'll find a way, he's too good not to - but it's clear  he's feeling the pressure already. 

6 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Every single team that plays the Canucks is going to key in on Petey - EVERY TEAM. 

Both Green and Petey himself need to deal with this somehow, and sooner rather than later.  Green needs to get a way to get the offense going if in fact Petey isn't going on any given night and Petey needs to understand and accept that he will be the singular attention of every team's defensive strategy and every team's best defensive forwards/defenceman night in, night out (he's likely already known this for some time).  By the looks of it last night the attention is already getting to him.  This isn't a criticism of Petey, I'm sure he'll find a way, he's too good not to - but it's clear  he's feeling the pressure already. 

There's being keyed in on. And just looking outta sorts. He's been off on passes, he's breaking twigs on one timers, hacking players that push him around. I imagine the lack of preseason hasn't helped but when you're elite you still gotta perform. He's getting nearly 80% ozone starts. But the opposing team is putting on a puck possession clinic against his line. Miller will help though. He can take faceoffs for Petey and we can see his puck possession numbers increase. They are constantly chasing play and I really hope the right the ship soon. We won't get far with Hughes and Petey struggling. But they are kids so there's obviously room to grow and there will be growing pains. Especially in a season so unique like this one. I don't wanna rag on Petey, but the fact is our offense is heavily dependent on him and Hughes. Both have had their fair share of struggles.

I believe in him though. His work ethic and competitiveness is very high. Miller is back and I trust that line will be back to their form soon. Very soon hopefully. Season is too short to fall too far behind the pack. Although getting another Hughes wouldn't be a total loss :ph34r:

On 1/17/2021 at 12:14 PM, guntrix said:

Come on now, it’s only Jake’s D+7 season. People are being too impatient. 

At 30 I think we’ll have a better picture of what we’ve got with Jake. 

I think it’s fair to say we have a fairly good picture of what Jake is going to be now. It’s possible he takes another big step forward but I think middle six forward who is going to pot 18-20 goals a year is probably what Jake is. 

The hard part with Jake is that - imho - he could have that kind of stat line and be super impactful or he could have that kind of stat line and be so so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

I think it’s fair to say we have a fairly good picture of what Jake is going to be now. It’s possible he takes another big step forward but I think middle six forward who is going to pot 18-20 goals a year is probably what Jake is. 

The hard part with Jake is that - imho - he could have that kind of stat line and be super impactful or he could have that kind of stat line and be so so. 

How much different is Virtanen than Leivo ... answer ... $2 mill. I understand Virtanen may score a few more then Leivo but that's a lot of money fro a few goals. Change of subject remind me again why we couldn't afford Markstrom  :huh:

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

How much different is Virtanen than Leivo ... answer ... $2 mill. I understand Virtanen may score a few more then Leivo but that's a lot of money fro a few goals. Change of subject remind me again why we couldn't afford Markstrom  :huh:

If you had bothered to look you would find that Jake and Josh actually score at an almost identical rate per game

Josh every 5.548 games

Jake every 5.549 games.

so the difference must be something you can not see but the team, an NHL franchise, does.

That must be really annoying huh?

Maybe age, size, shot, skating and potential play apart here.

Perhaps it is in take away/give away ratio or corsi or.... well the team knows why.

Edited by gurn

If you had bothered to look you would find that Jake and Josh actually score at an almost identical rate per game

Josh every 5.548 games

Jake every 5.549 games.

So the difference is only salary ?  which what I suggested. 

Maybe age, size, shot, skating and potential play apart here.

Perhaps it is in take away/give away ratio or corsi or.... well the team knows why.

All of that does not equate to $2 mill per season IMHO. JV has had long enough to show that we're still not talking about potential. BUt what ever you think is fine with me

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

So the difference is only salary ?  which what I suggested. 

All of that does not equate to $2 mill per season IMHO. JV has had long enough to show that we're still not talking about potential. BUt what ever you think is fine with me

Apparently the NHL team disagrees with you about the money, so it isn't about what I think, it is about what they think.

2 hours ago, gurn said:

I'm not convinced the guy has even seen Jake play, it didn't stop him from posting his opinion about another Canuck.

However it is always the same moan and complain, nothing changes and it gets tiring.

Yeah, I put him on ignore when he demonstrated that he is so determined to crap all over various members of the Canucks organization that he is willing to be blatantly dishonest to do so.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:

I'm not convinced the guy has even seen Jake play, it didn't stop him from posting his opinion about another Canuck.

However it is always the same moan and complain, nothing changes and it gets tiring.

Some just can't handle the truth, prefer Polly Anna

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Don't mistaken truth for arrogance. Two different things there.

That's true and there is no intent in arrogance on my part. If that's what you read then so be it and I can't change that. I simply get tired of the Virtanen brigade and the Juolevi brigade keep trotting out excuses post after post basically telling every one that tomorrow just wait until tomorrow. I find it wearisome. Strangely I watched Chatfield last night and Hoglander closely and IMHO both played better than either Juolevi or Virtanen. But if you say any thing, some attempt an online crucifixion. That's just my opinion not arrogance, just my opinion

Just now, Fred65 said:

That's true and there is no intent in arrogance on my part. If that's what you read then so be it and I can't change that. I simply get tired of the Virtanen brigade and the Juolevi brigade keep trotting out excuses post after post basically telling every one that tomorrow just wait until tomorrow. I find it wearisome. Strangely I watched Chatfield last night and Hoglander closely and IMHO both played better than either Juolevi or Virtanen. But if you say any thing, some attempt an online crucifixion. That's just my opinion not arrogance, just my opinion

Perhaps then it's best to just let Virtanen show us whatever path he goes down, because clearly people are just as tired of your postings of him as much as you are of theirs. Just an observation,

I do think you have come across as arrogant. I'm not saying that to annoy you. I'm giving you an honest feedback. I don't see everything you've said as being truth either. You might think it is, but that's also perhaps where the arrogance comes in, especially if you're trying to get your points across to others. It's just the wrong way to go about it in my opinion.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Bs, some just get tired of a guy crapping on players, over and over again.

Have you been watching the games?

Yeah  I watch the game I might ask you the same :rolleyes: However I don't ware rose coloured glasses. I like to think I can differentiation between truth and fiction

Just now, The Lock said:

Perhaps then it's best to just let Virtanen show us whatever path he goes down, because clearly people are just as tired of your postings of him as much as you are of theirs. Just an observation,

I do think you have come across as arrogant. I'm not saying that to annoy you. I'm giving you an honest feedback. I don't see everything you've said as being truth either. You might think it is, but that's also perhaps where the arrogance comes in, especially if you're trying to get your points across to others. It's just the wrong way to go about it in my opinion.

When you accuse me of arrogance, you understand that's just your own opinion? to say that I am arrogant is the very definition of your own arrogance :lol: Certainly no intent on my part. I can tell you again and again that there is no arrogance and you can invent there is. 

Just now, Fred65 said:

When you accuse me of arrogance, you understand that's just your own opinion? to say that I am arrogant is the very definition of your own arrogance :lol: Certainly no intent on my part. I can tell you again and again that there is no arrogance and you can invent there is. 

Thanks for confirming what I said regarding arrogance then? "No intent on my part". Arrogance doesn't come from intent. It comes from a lack of self-awareness.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Thanks for confirming what I said regarding arrogance then? "No intent on my part". Arrogance doesn't come from intent. It comes from a lack of self-awareness.

No  the accusation comes from a person who has NO knowledge if arrogance was intended. Frankly in short who are you to be the determining factor or the judge. If you think I'm arrogant that's on you not me.

10 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

When you accuse me of arrogance, you understand that's just your own opinion? 

He did not accuse you of arrogance. He said

16 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I do think you have come across as arrogant.

And I'm glad you are watching the games, makes your posts a bit more credible.

• Thanks 1