The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

No  the accusation comes from a person who has NO knowledge if arrogance was intended. Frankly in short who are you to be the determining factor or the judge. If you think I'm arrogant that's on you not me.

You do realise that, like gurn said, I was saying you were coming across as arrogant. You've continued to come across as even more arrogant with your posts afterwards. The very fact that you feel the need to divert it to talking about me claiming it's "on me" when I was simply pointing something out... well that's on you. lol

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

You do realise that, like gurn said, I was saying you were coming across as arrogant. You've continued to come across as even more arrogant with your posts afterwards. The very fact that you feel the need to divert it to talking about me claiming it's "on me" when I was simply pointing something out... well that's on you. lol

It's not worth it. I know what I think and you can't chnage that. You can tell me that you know my thoughts better than I do but that's disingenuous. Over and out

Just now, Fred65 said:

It's not worth it. I know what I think and you can't chnage that. You can tell me that you know my thoughts better than I do but that's disingenuous. Over and out

Never said I know your thoughts. I said you're coming across as arrogant. That's it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

So, I went up to CapFriendly and looked up Jake's salary, then went to the comparable page; people maybe very surprised at just who is getting roughly Jake's salary.

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables/jake-virtanen-10232

I really have a theory that some people are still in "10 years ago mode" where Jake's current salary would actually be fairly expensive. It really isn't though. Good list of comparibles.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gurn said:

So, I went up to CapFriendly and looked up Jake's salary, then went to the comparable page; people maybe very surprised at just who is getting roughly Jake's salary.

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables/jake-virtanen-10232

If Benning could trade Jake for any one of those players we'd all have to start calling him 'Bandit'!:towel:

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NickTheGreek said:

Does this guy bring anything to the table?

Like really, one thing

If we traded him for a Mars bar, whoever gave us the Mars bar would be getting ripped off

How do you fit the skates on a Mars bar?:mellow:

• Cheers 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2014 at 6:06 PM, Ihatetomatoes said:

Future 3rd liner

Well, I guess they were right.

I'm a huge Jake supported, but I have my doubts he will be anything more than a 3rd liner. Still not terrible though! Lots of picks barely get a sniff of the NHL.

Edited by Maginator

I have no problem with a 3rd liner who can score just shy of 20 goals with bottom six minutes who has the physical attributes to move up the lineup in a pinch.

Don’t blame Jake for being drafted 6 overall and if Kassian can figure things out then we have some hope that Jake will too

If Jake was what we wanted him to be we couldn’t afford him anyway

10 hours ago, bbllpp said:

I have no problem with a 3rd liner who can score just shy of 20 goals with bottom six minutes who has the physical attributes to move up the lineup in a pinch.

Don’t blame Jake for being drafted 6 overall and if Kassian can figure things out then we have some hope that Jake will too

If Jake was what we wanted him to be we couldn’t afford him anyway

I have a problem with a player that scores 18 goals but costs 30 goals against when he is on the ice and disappears for weeks at a time when he decides he doesn't feel like playing.

If Jake would be Kassian I would be happy... he is nothing like that though.  He is a less offensively prolific and less physical Taylor Pyatt.  Not good enough offensively for a top 6 role and not good enough or a two way player for the bottom of the lineup.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I have a problem with a player that scores 18 goals but costs 30 goals against when he is on the ice and disappears for weeks at a time when he decides he doesn't feel like playing.

If Jake would be Kassian I would be happy... he is nothing like that though.  He is a less offensively prolific and less physical Taylor Pyatt.  Not good enough offensively for a top 6 role and not good enough or a two way player for the bottom of the lineup.

Wow so you hate Quin Hughes because I think he was on the ice for a few of those goals.

Or did you mean Gaudette that cannot play D if his life depended on it and was floating on back when Andersson batted the rebound from the breakaway in. 

No, you mean Pettersson for that horribly awful and extremely lazy pass to a Canadien on the powerplay that lead to a goal..

Because Jake had two good games against the Canadiens. When Andersson dumped Hughes into the net behind Holtby, Jake went after him hard and I think he challenged him to a fight the next shift. He also had all of pretty big hits in this last game while forechecking but I think you know that, Otherwise you are watching the game on a 3' screen,

Edited by FaninMex
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Throw Jake up with Miller and Petey. Put Boeser with Horvat and drop Hogs to the 3rd. Time to shake the lines up a bit and play hard for one another. If Hamonic and Edler are out tomorrow, I don't like our chances, even if we manage to score 5 +.

11 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Wow so you hate Quin Hughes because I think he was on the ice for a few of those goals.

Or did you mean Gaudette that cannot play D if his life depended on it and was floating on back when Andersson batted the rebound from the breakaway in. 

No, you mean Pettersson for that horribly awful and extremely lazy pass to a Canadien on the powerplay that lead to a goal..

Because Jake had two good games against the Canadiens. When Andersson dumped Hughes into the net behind Holtby, Jake went after him hard and I think he challenged him to a fight the next shift. He also had all of pretty big hits in this last game while forechecking but I think you know that, Otherwise you are watching the game on a 3' screen,

Those are ridiculous statements.

I guess from your post that you make your judgements on players based on one or two games.... most of the rest of us don’t.

We tend to look at the sum of their available history.  We are into our 6th year of Jake and it has been the same story the entire time, except for a 6 week stretch in the middle of last season.

On the other side, we know that Petterson and Hughes are playing uncharacteristically bad.  Gaudette isn’t suited for the role he is in on our team and could be swapped as well.  I don’t know if he will ever become to solid 2 way player.

Edited by Provost

13 hours ago, Provost said:

Sorry but Jake was not directly responsible for 30 GA last year, that’s ridiculous 

was comparing Jake vs the Zack we had as people not players, all I am saying is Zack sorted out his personal life and resurrected his career and the guy did it from a pretty dark place and if he can pull his head out of his rear there is hope that Jake can, further the Jake we have today as a player is much better than the Zack we had

Taylor Pyatt played almost 900 NHL games and I am pretty sure that if the Jake we have is all he’ll ever be he’ll do that and more, Jake has more pure Talent than Pyatt had other than Pyatt being physically larger

• Cheers 2

On 22/01/2021 at 1:29 AM, Maginator said:

Well, I guess they were right.

I'm a huge Jake supported, but I have my doubts he will be anything more than a 3rd liner. Still not terrible though! Lots of picks barely get a sniff of the NHL.

Ha. Funny how much heat I took for saying that. 

I thought it was obvious just looking at highlights of Jake and how he was scoring in juniors that it wouldn't translate to the NHL. Pretty obvious that the scouts and GM got enamoured with his physical gifts and ignored the warning signs. Happens all the time, just hoping a guy will figure it out. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:50 AM, NickTheGreek said:

Does this guy bring anything to the table?

Like really, one thing

If we traded him for a Mars bar, whoever gave us the Mars bar would be getting ripped off

HA HA.... maybe a snickers bar . Bust trade him , lazy floater,  no IQ. Would we miss him? Nope

• Haha 1