Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, gurn said:

I'm not convinced the guy has even seen Jake play, it didn't stop him from posting his opinion about another Canuck.

However it is always the same moan and complain, nothing changes and it gets tiring.

 

 

 

Some just can't handle the truth, prefer Polly Anna

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Some just can't handle the truth, prefer Polly Anna

Bs, some just get tired of a guy crapping on players, over and over again.

Have you been watching the games?

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Don't mistaken truth for arrogance. Two different things there.

That's true and there is no intent in arrogance on my part. If that's what you read then so be it and I can't change that. I simply get tired of the Virtanen brigade and the Juolevi brigade keep trotting out excuses post after post basically telling every one that tomorrow just wait until tomorrow. I find it wearisome. Strangely I watched Chatfield last night and Hoglander closely and IMHO both played better than either Juolevi or Virtanen. But if you say any thing, some attempt an online crucifixion. That's just my opinion not arrogance, just my opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fred65 said:

That's true and there is no intent in arrogance on my part. If that's what you read then so be it and I can't change that. I simply get tired of the Virtanen brigade and the Juolevi brigade keep trotting out excuses post after post basically telling every one that tomorrow just wait until tomorrow. I find it wearisome. Strangely I watched Chatfield last night and Hoglander closely and IMHO both played better than either Juolevi or Virtanen. But if you say any thing, some attempt an online crucifixion. That's just my opinion not arrogance, just my opinion

Perhaps then it's best to just let Virtanen show us whatever path he goes down, because clearly people are just as tired of your postings of him as much as you are of theirs. Just an observation,

 

I do think you have come across as arrogant. I'm not saying that to annoy you. I'm giving you an honest feedback. I don't see everything you've said as being truth either. You might think it is, but that's also perhaps where the arrogance comes in, especially if you're trying to get your points across to others. It's just the wrong way to go about it in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurn said:

Bs, some just get tired of a guy crapping on players, over and over again.

Have you been watching the games?

 

Yeah  I watch the game I might ask you the same :rolleyes: However I don't ware rose coloured glasses. I like to think I can differentiation between truth and fiction

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lock said:

Perhaps then it's best to just let Virtanen show us whatever path he goes down, because clearly people are just as tired of your postings of him as much as you are of theirs. Just an observation,

 

I do think you have come across as arrogant. I'm not saying that to annoy you. I'm giving you an honest feedback. I don't see everything you've said as being truth either. You might think it is, but that's also perhaps where the arrogance comes in, especially if you're trying to get your points across to others. It's just the wrong way to go about it in my opinion.

When you accuse me of arrogance, you understand that's just your own opinion? to say that I am arrogant is the very definition of your own arrogance :lol: Certainly no intent on my part. I can tell you again and again that there is no arrogance and you can invent there is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fred65 said:

When you accuse me of arrogance, you understand that's just your own opinion? to say that I am arrogant is the very definition of your own arrogance :lol: Certainly no intent on my part. I can tell you again and again that there is no arrogance and you can invent there is. 

Thanks for confirming what I said regarding arrogance then? "No intent on my part". Arrogance doesn't come from intent. It comes from a lack of self-awareness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Thanks for confirming what I said regarding arrogance then? "No intent on my part". Arrogance doesn't come from intent. It comes from a lack of self-awareness.

No  the accusation comes from a person who has NO knowledge if arrogance was intended. Frankly in short who are you to be the determining factor or the judge. If you think I'm arrogant that's on you not me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

When you accuse me of arrogance, you understand that's just your own opinion? 

He did not accuse you of arrogance. He said

 

16 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I do think you have come across as arrogant.

And I'm glad you are watching the games, makes your posts a bit more credible.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

No  the accusation comes from a person who has NO knowledge if arrogance was intended. Frankly in short who are you to be the determining factor or the judge. If you think I'm arrogant that's on you not me.

You do realise that, like gurn said, I was saying you were coming across as arrogant. You've continued to come across as even more arrogant with your posts afterwards. The very fact that you feel the need to divert it to talking about me claiming it's "on me" when I was simply pointing something out... well that's on you. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Lock said:

You do realise that, like gurn said, I was saying you were coming across as arrogant. You've continued to come across as even more arrogant with your posts afterwards. The very fact that you feel the need to divert it to talking about me claiming it's "on me" when I was simply pointing something out... well that's on you. lol

It's not worth it. I know what I think and you can't chnage that. You can tell me that you know my thoughts better than I do but that's disingenuous. Over and out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fred65 said:

It's not worth it. I know what I think and you can't chnage that. You can tell me that you know my thoughts better than I do but that's disingenuous. Over and out

Never said I know your thoughts. I said you're coming across as arrogant. That's it.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gurn said:

So, I went up to CapFriendly and looked up Jake's salary, then went to the comparable page; people maybe very surprised at just who is getting roughly Jake's salary.

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables/jake-virtanen-10232

I really have a theory that some people are still in "10 years ago mode" where Jake's current salary would actually be fairly expensive. It really isn't though. Good list of comparibles.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gurn said:

So, I went up to CapFriendly and looked up Jake's salary, then went to the comparable page; people maybe very surprised at just who is getting roughly Jake's salary.

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables/jake-virtanen-10232

If Benning could trade Jake for any one of those players we'd all have to start calling him 'Bandit'!:towel:

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickTheGreek said:

Does this guy bring anything to the table?

 

Like really, one thing

 

If we traded him for a Mars bar, whoever gave us the Mars bar would be getting ripped off

How do you fit the skates on a Mars bar?:mellow:

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...