The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

14 hours ago, FaninMex said:

You guys are not watching the games. Sorry but you are wrong.

If you have NHL.com, go to the 9:04 mark of the second period and you will see Lucic's reaction on the bench after JV hit him. The hit was about 30 seconds prior.

He has been playing a good game recently.

Look at his positioning in the D zone on a few plays. Solid. His line is not getting stuck. They are able to push the puck out. When Sutter's line was trapped in the second period and got that quick change. Green threw the 4th line out to calm the game down and get the momentum back. Then it was the Horvat line and then Horvat's goal.

He is getting better, You are all wearing blinders.

He’s tied in points with Holtby. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, FaninMex said:

You guys are not watching the games. Sorry but you are wrong.

If you have NHL.com, go to the 9:04 mark of the second period and you will see Lucic's reaction on the bench after JV hit him. The hit was about 30 seconds prior.

He has been playing a good game recently.

Look at his positioning in the D zone on a few plays. Solid. His line is not getting stuck. They are able to push the puck out. When Sutter's line was trapped in the second period and got that quick change. Green threw the 4th line out to calm the game down and get the momentum back. Then it was the Horvat line and then Horvat's goal.

He is getting better, You are all wearing blinders.

I agree - I am noticing more of a response from him. He is improving, but I think one of the questions that comes up is: how long will he keep this up?

Joakim Nordstrom 

is the only other forward in the ENTIRE NHL with at least 14 gp who has less points than Shotgun Jake 

Read this entire thing again and then hit me with your hot takes of ‘he’s getting better and he’s doing the little things’

Jesus &^@#ing Christ 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Joakim Nordstrom 

is the only other forward in the ENTIRE NHL with at least 14 gp who has less points than Shotgun Jake 

Read this entire thing again and then hit me with your hot takes of ‘he’s getting better and he’s doing the little things’

Jesus &^@#ing Christ 

I missed the game, did he suck again?

Looked good in a checking role with MacEwan and Beagle, but to be honest a lot of the hard work generated was really from MacEwan on those good 4th line shifts. Maybe he can spark a bit of offence from grinding it out against bottom pairing defencemen and 4th lines but it's a struggle right now for offence. 

I hope Green keeps that 4th line together and they play a lot more against Edmonton because Virtanen might be able to have some success against their bottom pairing defence.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2021 at 9:52 PM, Zhukini said:

Joakim Nordstrom 

Jesus &^@#ing Christ 

Agreed, no doubt its time to move on from Virtanen. Suprised hes lasted this long. 

35 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Jake had an excellent game last night. Multiple scoring ops. I thought the goal mouth play was in. They never even looked at the video. Keep all the lineups as is. Virtanen was playing physical and retrieving pucks. 

#6 overall pick. Looking okay as a 4th line crash and bang energy guy?

Wow the expectations have totally disappeared for the #6 pick in 2014.

When MacEwen an undrafted guy is doing better in the same role wake and bake Jake should go.

• RoughGame 1

50 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Leave Jake playing with Horvat for a few games and guaranteed the goals will come. Maybe Hoglander could get Gaudette going. Sutter is the worst playmaking centre on the team, he should be a winger.

The only other option for 3C is Gaud and he's far worse at faceoffs or handling the defensive chores (Sutts is still an effective shutdown guy who plays a lot of PK mins).  Also, this year Gaud can't score.

I can see JB trading Pearson, Sutter and maybe Benn at the trade deadline.  Benn is good depth and the other two would be very helpful to a contending team.

As far as Jake goes, I wouldn't mind Green trying to spark him on the 2nd line, but I don't think there are any guarantees there.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

When MacEwen an undrafted guy is doing better in the same role wake and bake Jake should go.

He was playing on Horvath's line. 

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Move on. We all know he's not as good as a #6 should be and most of us figured that out about two or three years ago. Stop living in the past whining about him not being the next Bertuzzi. Just accept him as a bottom six guy and live in the present instead of complaining about how he's not as good as we wanted him to be when he was drafted 7 years ago.

• Cheers 2