The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

26 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Then as I mentioned to another poster, open your eyes and actually pay attention

Wow, I was pretty sure my eyes were open, got a little drunk by the 3rd......... haven't missed a canucks game

Its very cute your Jake bromance, ahhh nice.

Send him flowers when he leaves town.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Wow, I was pretty sure my eyes were open, got a little drunk by the 3rd......... haven't missed a canucks game

Its very cute your Jake bromance, ahhh nice.

Send him flowers when he leaves town.

Apparently what you and I see with our eyes open is much different than what someone else sees.  Perhaps our 20/20 vision is flawed in some way.

As much as I have wanted to see Virtanen succeed, it's time to get rid of him.  The cap space Virtanen takes up is more valuable to the team than the player himself.  Time to bite the bullet, admit the past seven years with Virtanen has amounted to a whole pile of nothing. 

48 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Apparently what you and I see with our eyes open is much different than what someone else sees.  Perhaps our 20/20 vision is flawed in some way.

As much as I have wanted to see Virtanen succeed, it's time to get rid of him.  The cap space Virtanen takes up is more valuable to the team than the player himself.  Time to bite the bullet, admit the past seven years with Virtanen has amounted to a whole pile of nothing. 

Well said, agree 100%

Like all canucks fans we wanted Jake to succeed and IMHO he has been give many opportunities to succeed

I hope he finds his way

Go Canucks go 

With Gadjovich, MacEwen, Lind, Jasek, Podkolzin, Karlsson and more in the wings I can't see any reason why Jake deserves to still be on the team next year over any of those cheaper most certainly more energetic options.

I've always been a team Virtanen guy, but after watching him and his conduct last year in the Okanagan and his production and lack of literally ANY level of energy on the ice over more than a period i'm done.

We have cheaper more willing options and there's a long history of teams that have picked far higher, far more consistently with far more busts than us and a 6th overall pick

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

With Gadjovich, MacEwen, Lind, Jasek, Podkolzin, Karlsson and more in the wings I can't see any reason why Jake deserves to still be on the team next year over any of those cheaper most certainly more energetic options.

I've always been a team Virtanen guy, but after watching him and his conduct last year in the Okanagan and his production and lack of literally ANY level of energy on the ice over more than a period i'm done.

We have cheaper more willing options and there's a long history of teams that have picked far higher, far more consistently with far more busts than us and a 6th overall pick

I've never heard anything regarding Jake last summer.  Doesn't seem like he could get in any trouble hanging out with Meyers.

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Lol haters pulling stuff out of their behinds, go write a book, your imagination is great! 

• Sad 1

Just now, Law of Goalies said:

Lol haters pulling stuff out of their behinds, go write a book, your imagination is great! 

How about you start arguing with evidence instead of throwing out smarmy one-liners?

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, -AJ- said:

How about you start arguing with evidence instead of throwing out smarmy one-liners?

It's hard thou, as i have used that method before but haters gonna hate so i rather just continue this way. It is hard to show stubborn people the other way. Many other posters who are not blinded with hate have made many valid points in the many Jake threads but seems it doesnt work so meh

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Law of Goalies said:

While your blind jake hatred is boring

Soooooooo what are your thoughts on Jakes performane last night?

11:39 of ice time, 5 pim, 1 hit, 1 wrestling match 

0 sog

Please tell me I didn't watch the game closely again?

I'm always ready to shotgun a beer

• Cheers 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, Warhippy said:

You sir are absolutely correct

Whats a bag of pucks worth these days? 

• Cheers 2

Gabriel Valardi is a good example to this point. At least teams realized it with Valardi before he got picked, not after.  It happens allot. The cream gets separated at this level. I have no idea how this guy has continued to be such a talking point in Vancouver. He doesn't deserve it. 

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Gabriel Valardi is a good example to this point. At least teams realized it with Valardi before he got picked, not after.  It happens allot. The cream gets separated at this level. I have no idea how this guy has continued to be such a talking point in Vancouver. He doesn't deserve it. 

It’s because of his draft spot. If he was a third or fourth round pick, nobody would have a problem with his production or play.

truth is he’s a good to fair middle liner, and as long as he doesn’t get paid too much more then he is currently, he adds to the team. There are others coming along that may squeeze him out, but for now he has value to the Canucks. He’s a good forechecker, second on our team in hits, second or third in penalties drawn. Having a bad year point wise, like 90% of the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

It’s because of his draft spot. If he was a third or fourth round pick, nobody would have a problem with his production or play.

truth is he’s a good to fair middle liner, and as long as he doesn’t get paid too much more then he is currently, he adds to the team. There are others coming along that may squeeze him out, but for now he has value to the Canucks. He’s a good forechecker, second on our team in hits, second or third in penalties drawn. Having a bad year point wise, like 90% of the team.

Ya , so I think enough time has passed to get over it and realize he's just another wasted high pick. It happens.  I have no idea why this convo has gone on this long regardless.  It's way past hoping for him to figure it out. That was a relatively understandable excuse for the first few years .  He was drafted I'm 2014 for f sakes. It's been over half a decade since that " high pick". Time to let it go.

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

Ya , so I think enough time has passed to get over it and realize he's just another wasted high pick. It happens.  I have no idea why this convo has gone on this long regardless.  It's way past hoping for him to figure it out. That was a relatively understandable excuse for the first few years .  He was drafted I'm 2014 for f sakes.  It's been over half a decade since that " high pick.  Time to let it go.

• Cheers 1

Every criticism that Jake has received has been warranted up to this point.

Despite his very lackluster and extremely disappointing season up to date, I haven't hated his game as much since the return from Covid. Sitll makes some dumb plays here and there, but I've noticed his attention and engagement overall is there. Sure sounds like a dummied down expectations for a former 6th overall pick and trying to find the silver lining here, but as bad as he has been this year, I thought his last 5 games has been fine.

I did like that he chose to step up and try to spark the team with his fight against Dzingel. I've been very critical of Jake on these boards many times, and sure its been frustrating losing the last 3 of 4 games against the Sens, but I have liked a few things from Jake since the return to play. 

• Cheers 2