The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

17 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Remember those trade rumours a few months ago where BOS wanted Jake Virtanen? I wonder what ever happened to that. Why this didn't happen.

Well, if the Canucks buy him out then BOS can sign him without giving VAN anything. Poor GMing.

Because it is a rumour. Lots of people think that means it is the bible.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just saw on the news tonight that Vancouver Police Dept. has now moved in on this sex allegation case.  I would expect arrest to be made in the near future.   Poor jake!

The police have officially opened a case and are starting with investigating allegations made by the woman about sexual abuse involving Jake Virtanen.

Moved in on sounds like NCIS Los Angelis..

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Is this what Virtanen needs

Sam Bennett moves to Florida

While it is early, the trade is doing wonders for the 24-year-old so far. In just nine games, he has five goals and 13 points. He has fit in terrifically with a Panthers team who could go on run in this year’s playoffs and is playing at a level that many expected him to do after being taken fourth overall in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

11 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just saw on the news tonight that Vancouver Police Dept. has now moved in on this sex allegation case.  I would expect arrest to be made in the near future.   Poor jake!

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The police have officially opened a case and are starting with investigating allegations made by the woman about sexual abuse involving Jake Virtanen.

Moved in on sounds like NCIS Los Angelis..

Well it sort of is.  BTW, maybe you can answer this since you're a regular NCIS watcher.  When Lazy Jake is traded in the off season to one of the American teams deep in the far southeast, can he serve his sentence in an American Jail in Fla. if/when he's convicted, or will he have to be extradited back to Canada to serve his sentence in a prison here?    Just wondering what the deal is between Canada & the USA RE: prisoner swaps.

12 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Lol poor Jake? If he’s guilty then he deserves everything coming to him. There’a no place for those kinds of actions. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Lol poor Jake? If he’s guilty then he deserves everything coming to him. There’a no place for those kinds of actions. 

Certainly agree. I meant "poor Jake" as in; :That guy's never gonna learn" !  (IOW he's a goof !)

Edited by RU SERIOUS

A few years down the road, a bloated and broke Jake "shotgun" Virtanen will be telling stories at the local pub of how he once leveled Connor McDavid in a game. It's really all he's done that's impressive.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

No poor Jake on this, if he's guilty, he's likely done in the NHL. Regardless, the embarrassment this has caused to the Canucks, I will be shocked if he ever plays another game in a Canucks uniform.

He wasn't tradeable before this happened, his contract with either be terminated under the ethical conduct clause in every NHL contract, or he will be bought out this summer.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well it sort of is.  BTW, maybe you can answer this since you're a regular NCIS watcher.  When Lazy Jake is traded in the off season to one of the American teams deep in the far southeast, can he serve his sentence in an American Jail in Fla. if/when he's convicted, or will he have to be extradited back to Canada to serve his sentence in a prison here?    Just wondering what the deal is between Canada & the USA RE: prisoner swaps.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. He hasn’t been charged and is innocent until proven guilty. I personally suspect that he won’t be charged and there will be some kind of private out of court monetary settlement as per usual. And then at that point a quiet buyout or termination of his contract. At that time Jake can go softly into the night, and end up at the Roxy?

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Haha 1

This is so friggin' disappointing. Virtanen is better than any of the bottom 6 players we've been icing. Really hope these allegations are not true.

That being said, sexual assault cannot be condoned, and it's very likely he's played his last game as a Canuck.

12 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

This is so friggin' disappointing. Virtanen is better than any of the bottom 6 players we've been icing. Really hope these allegations are not true.

That being said, sexual assault cannot be condoned, and it's very likely he's played his last game as a Canuck.

The police investigation is actually a positive development as it will get to the bottom of it in a legitimate way off of social media.  Once they make a decision there should be more clarity for all concerned. I hope he didn't commit a criminal act but I guess we will see. If he did he won't escape the reality of the consequences as it is front and center in the media.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

The police investigation is actually a positive development as it will get to the bottom of it in a legitimate way off of social media.  Once they make a decision there should be more clarity for all concerned. I hope he didn't commit a criminal act but I guess we will see. If he did he won't escape the reality of the consequences as it is front and center in the media.

Yeah hopefully we learn more soon.

Things can get out of hand in the media, basically making it guilty until proven innocent. Don't like the victim shaming we've seen either.

Edited by NaveJoseph
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

A few years down the road, a bloated and broke Jake "shotgun" Virtanen will be telling stories at the local pub of how he once leveled Connor McDavid in a game. It's really all he's done that's impressive.  

He made it to the NHL. Played more than a handful of games. 

What have you done that you can make that statement?

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

He likely bolts to the KHL to make some dough if he’s done in the NHL.  He’d likely get a contract there. Worse players have. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He likely bolts to the KHL to make some dough if he’s done in the NHL.  He’d likely get a contract there. Worse players have. 

I have a hard time thinking some desperate team wont take a chance on him. Columbus comes to mind for some reason.