Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Lol poor Jake? If he’s guilty then he deserves everything coming to him. There’a no place for those kinds of actions. 

Certainly agree. I meant "poor Jake" as in; :That guy's never gonna learn" !  (IOW he's a goof !)

Edited by RU SERIOUS
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Certainly agree. I meant "poor Jake" as in; :That guy's never gonna learn" !  (IOW he's a goof !)

Haha ooh I see, yeah he sure isn’t 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years down the road, a bloated and broke Jake "shotgun" Virtanen will be telling stories at the local pub of how he once leveled Connor McDavid in a game. It's really all he's done that's impressive.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just saw on the news tonight that Vancouver Police Dept. has now moved in on this sex allegation case.  I would expect arrest to be made in the near future.   Poor jake!

No poor Jake on this, if he's guilty, he's likely done in the NHL. Regardless, the embarrassment this has caused to the Canucks, I will be shocked if he ever plays another game in a Canucks uniform.

 

He wasn't tradeable before this happened, his contract with either be terminated under the ethical conduct clause in every NHL contract, or he will be bought out this summer.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

 

Well it sort of is.  BTW, maybe you can answer this since you're a regular NCIS watcher.  When Lazy Jake is traded in the off season to one of the American teams deep in the far southeast, can he serve his sentence in an American Jail in Fla. if/when he's convicted, or will he have to be extradited back to Canada to serve his sentence in a prison here?    Just wondering what the deal is between Canada & the USA RE: prisoner swaps.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. He hasn’t been charged and is innocent until proven guilty. I personally suspect that he won’t be charged and there will be some kind of private out of court monetary settlement as per usual. And then at that point a quiet buyout or termination of his contract. At that time Jake can go softly into the night, and end up at the Roxy?

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so friggin' disappointing. Virtanen is better than any of the bottom 6 players we've been icing. Really hope these allegations are not true.

That being said, sexual assault cannot be condoned, and it's very likely he's played his last game as a Canuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

This is so friggin' disappointing. Virtanen is better than any of the bottom 6 players we've been icing. Really hope these allegations are not true.

That being said, sexual assault cannot be condoned, and it's very likely he's played his last game as a Canuck.

The police investigation is actually a positive development as it will get to the bottom of it in a legitimate way off of social media.  Once they make a decision there should be more clarity for all concerned. I hope he didn't commit a criminal act but I guess we will see. If he did he won't escape the reality of the consequences as it is front and center in the media.

 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

The police investigation is actually a positive development as it will get to the bottom of it in a legitimate way off of social media.  Once they make a decision there should be more clarity for all concerned. I hope he didn't commit a criminal act but I guess we will see. If he did he won't escape the reality of the consequences as it is front and center in the media.

Yeah hopefully we learn more soon.

Things can get out of hand in the media, basically making it guilty until proven innocent. Don't like the victim shaming we've seen either.

Edited by NaveJoseph
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

A few years down the road, a bloated and broke Jake "shotgun" Virtanen will be telling stories at the local pub of how he once leveled Connor McDavid in a game. It's really all he's done that's impressive.  

He made it to the NHL. Played more than a handful of games. 

 

What have you done that you can make that statement?

 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

A few years down the road, a bloated and broke Jake "shotgun" Virtanen will be telling stories at the local pub of how he once leveled Connor McDavid in a game. It's really all he's done that's impressive.  

He likely bolts to the KHL to make some dough if he’s done in the NHL.  He’d likely get a contract there. Worse players have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He likely bolts to the KHL to make some dough if he’s done in the NHL.  He’d likely get a contract there. Worse players have. 

I have a hard time thinking some desperate team wont take a chance on him. Columbus comes to mind for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

He made it to the NHL. Played more than a handful of games. 

 

What have you done that you can make that statement?

 

Never got dropped by my nhl home team. 

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 73 Percent said:

I have a hard time thinking some desperate team wont take a chance on him. Columbus comes to mind for some reason.

Voynov comes to mind too and he was suspended from the league for a long time. I think he’s now now finished it. That was only domestic violence. Depending on how this pans outs he could get suspended from the league. I figure sexual assault is a little higher on the $&!# you don’t do charts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

He made it to the NHL. Played more than a handful of games. 

 

What have you done that you can make that statement?

 

Lot of mob mentality involved when a person is supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise. I don't know Jake Virtanen and wouldn't presume anything about his character. Many ignorant statements being made by keyboard warriors. Much based on base envy. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Lot of mob mentality involved when a person is supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise. I don't know Jake Virtanen and wouldn't presume anything about his character. Many ignorant statements being made by keyboard warriors. Much based on base envy. 

Yeah, sure are a lot of "realistic fans" who are determined to support that fundamental tenet of our criminal justice system, "guilty until proven innocent", especially for any Canucks players.

 

It is really important to immediately start crapping all over any Canuck whenever you hear a negative rumour about them, because after all the facts come out, they might be innocent, and a great opportunity will have been wasted.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So the saga continues when it comes to Jake.

 

Bennings first pick with the Canucks, an entire Canucks fan base clamouring for toughened up hockey. 
 

Jake was supposed to be this franchises first move in that direction.

 

Yet everything has gone wrong since the beginning. So sad. 
 

Asking for a friend, what’s the longest running thread count in CDC history?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, sure are a lot of "realistic fans" who are determined to support that fundamental tenet of our criminal justice system, "guilty until proven innocent", especially for any Canucks players.

 

It is really important to immediately start crapping all over any Canuck whenever you hear a negative rumour about them, because after all the facts come out, they might be innocent, and a great opportunity will have been wasted.

Virtanen is a marshmallow and isn't very good at hockey.  That's why I would like to see him gone.  No other reason than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a huge Jake Virtanen fan when the team drafted him. 

 

Little did I know the man has character flaws. Initially I thought that maybe it had to do with the fact that he was young and immature, and needed to grow up. 

 

But at age 24/25 years old, if you're not mature at that age, I'm not sure when you'll "mature". 

 

These allegations of rape are dead serious. I don't know even if it's false, if the team wants anything to do with Jake moving forward. Hell, I don't know if any other NHL organization would want anything to do with Jake. If he were a good player, maybe some organizations might take a risk, but he isn't. I don't have any idea of what is going on in his head, but it looks like either the KHL or Europe is in the future for Virtanen. I'm not even sure if he'd do well there, since drive and work ethic seems to be a problem with the man. If he can't cut it here, I'm not sure why moving to a different location would solve those two issues. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...