The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

He is not getting bought out unless found guilty. He will be traded as he has value as a third liner despite what people on here think.

I didn't help that he played like a 4th liner at best this year. The on-ice product was pretty bad, not even taking into consideration any potential off-ice issues that may or may not exist.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I didn't help that he played like a 4th liner at best this year. The on-ice product was pretty bad, not even taking into consideration any potential off-ice issues that may or may not exist.

True. However, I am counting this past year as a flash in the pan and next year as where the team actually is.

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

He is not getting bought out unless found guilty. He will be traded as he has value as a third liner despite what people on here think.

"If" he was found guilty, he would not be bought out. His contract would be terminated with cause.

My guess is that JB has already tried shopping him around with no takers; they also have a player in Podkolzin that looks like he will be an upgrade on Virtanen at less than half the cap hit.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

"If" he was found guilty, he would not be bought out. His contract would be terminated with cause.

My guess is that JB has already tried shopping him around with no takers; they also have a player in Podkolzin that looks like he will be an upgrade on Virtanen at less than half the cap hit.

agreed. Though I do not think there will be a trade or that option will appear until after the proceedings

Edited by FaninMex

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Pretty sure LA will step up and take JV

Evander and Jake..imagine that :mellow:

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does this mean we have to buyout Jake before the ED, because he doesn’t qualify to be bought out after?  

The buyout window is still open after the expansion draft.  It closes only on the 27th of July.  He can be bought out before the roster freeze for expansion or once it's lifted.   They have to make the decision this month though as he won't be eligible for the 2nd buyout window if there is one.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does this mean we have to buyout Jake before the ED, because he doesn’t qualify to be bought out after?  

We'll be able to waive, and buy him out after the roster freeze is lifted, with the last eligible day to waive being the 26th. So, we'll have from July 13th (at the latest)-July 16th, and from July 22nd - 26th to exercise our buyout options. 

Edit: ^ mll beat me to it

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mll said:

The buyout window is still open after the expansion draft.  It closes only on the 27th of July.  He can be bought out before the roster freeze for expansion or once it's lifted.   They have to make the decision this month though as he won't be eligible for the 2nd buyout window if there is one.

I think Jake will be bought out of last year..

On 7/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, Googlie said:

Some Seattle fans still want Jake in the ED draft -  see him as potentially their "Tuch".

Seems there is more tolerance for his alleged behavior in the US  (cf #45)

26 woman accused their president of sexual misconduct (laws are different down south so misconduct is the correct term not assult like in Jake's case). 47% of their population still voted for him after that. Yeah, their tolerance for that kind of evil is much higher.

• Haha 1