Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b84034f479d084e8df10c730293f1d1a.jpeg

Does this mean we have to buyout Jake before the ED, because he doesn’t qualify to be bought out after?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does this mean we have to buyout Jake before the ED, because he doesn’t qualify to be bought out after?  

I am not sure on that Alf... I think there is a 2nd buy out slot later in the summer... perhaps @mllknows the details of how that works

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bell said:

There must be some clause that the Canucks can terminate his contract and not have to buy him out if he is found guilty.

The problem with that idea is time. Best solution for the Canucks, IMO, is to just buy him out. The cap hit for doing so is very small. The ship has sailed for trading him and no verdict likely before buy out window closes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A formidable adversary for any challenger, Jake Virtanen is an imposing power forward in the truest sense. Possesses a non-stopping motor and creates an abundance of on-ice energy when throwing his weight around and establishing his physical presence. Exhibits world-class skating ability, and can blow by defenders just as easily as he can go through them. Stands up for his teammates and never backs down from a challenge. Displays a wicked, NHL-level release that challenges goaltenders of all skill levels. Becoming a recognizable asset when playing a more defensive role as well. All-in-all, a physical power forward that has the character traits, work ethic, and individual skills to pose a threat to whoever stands in his way. 

This was the scouting report on Jake during his draft year...… If this is the report I get on my desk and my first options are taken, I would have taken Jake as well.

Edited by #Canucks
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

A formidable adversary for any challenger, Jake Virtanen is an imposing power forward in the truest sense. Possesses a non-stopping motor and creates an abundance of on-ice energy when throwing his weight around and establishing his physical presence. Exhibits world-class skating ability, and can blow by defenders just as easily as he can go through them. Stands up for his teammates and never backs down from a challenge. Displays a wicked, NHL-level release that challenges goaltenders of all skill levels. Becoming a recognizable asset when playing a more defensive role as well. All-in-all, a physical power forward that has the character traits, work ethic, and individual skills to pose a threat to whoever stands in his way. 

This was the scouting report on Jake during his draft year...… If this is the report I get on my desk and my first options are taken, I would have taken Jake as well.

That scouting report did not age well.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

A formidable adversary for any challenger, Jake Virtanen is an imposing power forward in the truest sense. Possesses a non-stopping motor and creates an abundance of on-ice energy when throwing his weight around and establishing his physical presence. Exhibits world-class skating ability, and can blow by defenders just as easily as he can go through them. Stands up for his teammates and never backs down from a challenge. Displays a wicked, NHL-level release that challenges goaltenders of all skill levels. Becoming a recognizable asset when playing a more defensive role as well. All-in-all, a physical power forward that has the character traits, work ethic, and individual skills to pose a threat to whoever stands in his way. 

This was the scouting report on Jake during his draft year...… If this is the report I get on my desk and my first options are taken, I would have taken Jake as well.

Character and work ethic?  Jake?  Who was that scout?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 5:42 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Jake needs to grow up, and maybe this situation will be the light switch he needs to wake up and appreciate being a pro. If he's proven not guilty of any crimes, does he come back on a mission to prove himself worthy? Or have the Canucks given up on him and plan to buy him out? 

But how many times have we heard that before? At some point, enough is enough. 

 

No ones given up on him. His choices and actions have resulted in him being in the situation he is in right now. Virtanen's not going to be playing for the foreseeable future, it's best we try and replace him. 

 

If he is found not guilty, I do think he'll come back, just not in a Canucks jersey. I'm afraid his time with us is over.

Edited by Odd.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, #Canucks said:

A formidable adversary for any challenger, Jake Virtanen is an imposing power forward in the truest sense. Possesses a non-stopping motor and creates an abundance of on-ice energy when throwing his weight around and establishing his physical presence. Exhibits world-class skating ability, and can blow by defenders just as easily as he can go through them. Stands up for his teammates and never backs down from a challenge. Displays a wicked, NHL-level release that challenges goaltenders of all skill levels. Becoming a recognizable asset when playing a more defensive role as well. All-in-all, a physical power forward that has the character traits, work ethic, and individual skills to pose a threat to whoever stands in his way. 

This was the scouting report on Jake during his draft year...… If this is the report I get on my desk and my first options are taken, I would have taken Jake as well.

Yeah when he was bigger and stronger than everyone, but just like a bully, they back down, especially when everyone else matures and gets stronger and stands them up

Work ethic?- Until he got an NHL contract and $ ? or did they forget to add lack of work ethic to come play in shape?

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b84034f479d084e8df10c730293f1d1a.jpeg

He is not getting bought out unless found guilty. He will be traded as he has value as a third liner despite what people on here think.

  • Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

He is not getting bought out unless found guilty. He will be traded as he has value as a third liner despite what people on here think.

I didn't help that he played like a 4th liner at best this year. The on-ice product was pretty bad, not even taking into consideration any potential off-ice issues that may or may not exist.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I didn't help that he played like a 4th liner at best this year. The on-ice product was pretty bad, not even taking into consideration any potential off-ice issues that may or may not exist.

True. However, I am counting this past year as a flash in the pan and next year as where the team actually is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

He is not getting bought out unless found guilty. He will be traded as he has value as a third liner despite what people on here think.

"If" he was found guilty, he would not be bought out. His contract would be terminated with cause.

 

My guess is that JB has already tried shopping him around with no takers; they also have a player in Podkolzin that looks like he will be an upgrade on Virtanen at less than half the cap hit.

  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

"If" he was found guilty, he would not be bought out. His contract would be terminated with cause.

 

My guess is that JB has already tried shopping him around with no takers; they also have a player in Podkolzin that looks like he will be an upgrade on Virtanen at less than half the cap hit.

agreed. Though I do not think there will be a trade or that option will appear until after the proceedings

 

Edited by FaninMex
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2014 at 10:57 PM, BCRenegade said:

Great pick, I can hardly wait for him to prove you negative a$$holes wrong

Still waiting haha

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Character and work ethic?  Jake?  Who was that scout?  

that scouting report was accurate before he was legal drinking age and had groupies. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...