The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

If he didn't play like such a floater then I'd definitely miss him more (seeing how he was a high draft pick), but coupled with the potential charges from his lawsuit it doesn't bode well for both his professional and personal life.  Hope he really learns, matures and is motivated to come back as an improved person all around, since he sees how easy it can be earned but then have it all go away.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If Jake "The Ripper" gets signed by any NHL team (except Montreal - of course)  I'll be shocked.   I personally suspect that if he eludes prison time for his alleged rape that he'll end up playing on some team deep in Siberia in a "Man's world" country like Russia where we'll never see or hear of him again.  Sad story - especially for his victim!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If Jake "The Ripper" gets signed by any NHL team (except Montreal - of course)  I'll be shocked.   I personally suspect that if he eludes prison time for his alleged rape that he'll end up playing on some team deep in Siberia in a "Man's world" country like Russia where we'll never see or hear of him again.  Sad story - especially for his victim!

Victims?  Read in another thread it appears more women came forward.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If Jake "The Ripper" gets signed by any NHL team (except Montreal - of course)  I'll be shocked.   I personally suspect that if he eludes prison time for his alleged rape that he'll end up playing on some team deep in Siberia in a "Man's world" country like Russia where we'll never see or hear of him again.  Sad story !

i was all for getting rid of Jake and i am glad we did, but after reading this story , i find myself kind of feeling sorry for Jake.  i actually hope a team signs him for the upcoming season, he has not even been charged and who knows if he ever will. i don't like the idea this girl went straight for the money and not the police first.  maybe there is something to Jake being innocent!

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

i was all for getting rid of Jake and i am glad we did, but after reading this story , i find myself kind of feeling sorry for Jake.  i actually hope a team signs him for the upcoming season, he has not even been charged and who knows if he ever will. i don't like the idea this girl went straight for the money and not the police first.  maybe there is something to Jake being innocent!

I think it just reinforces the idea that we should not jump to conclusions. If things could be determined by word of mouth, we wouldn't need courts, would we? Just take the words as truth and there would be no need to question it. Lots of things would go very wrong in this type of world.

I can't imagine what would it be like to get someone we all love to hate and frame him for something he really didn't do just to push an agenda/confirm a bias.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Thats is very, very unfortunate to hear!  

I think it's very, very unfortunate to hear that you've decided on what actually happened rather than wait for things to play out. By all means, if he's FOUND to be guilty, then burn him at the stake. Until then, wait and see.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Interesting angle on the situation.  I don't know enough about the law to comment on why things have panned out in this way.   I'll have to let the experts comment on why a civil suit Vs. a criminal suit ?????

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I think it's very, very unfortunate to hear that you've decided on what actually happened rather than wait for things to play out. By all means, if he's FOUND to be guilty, then burn him at the stake. Until then, wait and see.

Thanks for the feedback but why in my original post I stated AND underlned the word alleged.  I was careful about that !

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Interesting angle on the situation.  I don't know enough about the law to comment on why things have panned out in this way.   I'll have to let the experts comment on why a civil suit Vs. a criminal suit ?????

Civil case has a lower burden of proof.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Thanks for the feedback but why in my original post I stated AND underlned the word alleged.  I was careful about that !

My mistake on missing what you said originally. I'll take it back.

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Calling him 'Jake the Ripper' gives people the impression that he is guilty in your mind.  

• Cheers 2