The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Well, it's not Siberia. Yaroslavl is 250 km northeast of Moscow. 

I think it's the city Podkolzin's wife, Sasha, is from.  She has it pinned on her Instagram profile

Edited by Googlie

Will be interesting to follow Jake's career from this point onward. If the allegations are proven to be true, one would think he'll never play in the NHL again. But even if he does, one must wonder if being forced to play overseas and being dropped by his hometown team percolate in his head enough to dedicate himself to the craft.

In any case, I'm just glad he isn't here anymore. Always seemed to be a square peg in a round hole on this team.

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Given how corrupt Russia is. Jake will probably be viewed as a nice guy. I will be curious how this pans out. 

The people on the streets will likely never know his history.

Glad he's choosing to leave the continent.  Hopefully we will hear very little about him.

So ends one of the longest threads in the history of these boards (more or less).

I'd be interested to see if any team takes a flyer on him in the future but I doubt it. D'Angelo somehow scored a contract despite being a well known team cancer so maybe Jake can, the difference really is production. He'd basically have to score at 0.8ppg+ for any team to take notice of him, who knows, let's see how professional he really is.

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

So ends one of the longest threads in the history of these boards (more or less).

I'd be interested to see if any team takes a flyer on him in the future but I doubt it. D'Angelo somehow scored a contract despite being a well known team cancer so maybe Jake can, the difference really is production. He'd basically have to score at 0.8ppg+ for any team to take notice of him, who knows, let's see how professional he really is.

We have seen that answered and were always left thinking next year is the year

If he plays, he may be playing to get home to his family and friends and english talking people  as his only motivation, and if he gets a team here signing him, I highly doubt we will be improved and just taking the money

If He is guilty , I hope he is done as a player and in discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...