The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

We are so lucky to have a player like Virtanen. I don't think people realize how truly dynamic this kid is. I don't even want to compare him to any palyer because he's got his own set of tools that make him unique in comparison to any existing players. He can shoot, he can pass, he can hit, he can check, he's fast and he puts it all together very well. I have a feeling in 5 years he will be at the top of the NHL and Ritchie will be going to the AHL for conditioning stints

• Upvote 2

This squad has that same style of play as past canadian gold winners, hopefully this team can take it to gold.

We haven't had that swagger that's for sure.

Sam is having his 'remember me?' game.

Yeah the oft-overlooked (due to his dynamic wingers) but important piece to Canada's top line

Edited by Dasein

One of the few prospects I've ever gotten truly excited about. I hate when we overhype our prospects but this kid is going to be a great player. Definitely will at least be a second line player, likely our first line player once Sedins are done.

Everyone who whined about Jake at draft time had/have no idea what this kid is all about. He's a monster.

• Upvote 3